News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony PlayStation 5 console redesign expected to launch in 2022 with 6 nm semi-custom AMD processor

Started by Redaktion, May 06, 2021, 19:53:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Previous rumors were suggesting that Sony may launch a slim PS5 model powered by 5 nm processor in 2023, but sources close to DigiTimes now claim that Sony is probably not going to use a 5 nm processor because the production costs could raise the MSRP too much. Instead, Sony is planning to utilize a 6 nm AMD semi-custom processor made by TSMC, and the redesigned PS5 should launch in 2H 2022.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-PlayStation-5-console-redesign-expected-to-launch-in-2022-with-6-nm-semi-custom-AMD-processor.537671.0.html

8&8

Ps5 or a PS5 pro?

we have al understood that is a 1900X+36 CU vega iGPU in 12nm++
with a perf of a GTX 1060

probably now will be Zen3 3300X+40CU RDNA 7nm

Dylan

If they change it to that ugly thing there stocks are going down people are buy it so fast not just cause it's the new ps5 but for how it looks

miked9746

Who cares...  you still won't be able to buy one, unless you spend $3000 from some Chinese kids on Amazon.

Patrick J Irmen

I want to know will the redesign be backwards with 1,2,3,and 4 Gen. That's what I'm waiting for

AJAY75

Quote from: Patrick J Irmen on May 08, 2021, 03:20:41
I want to know will the redesign be backwards with 1,2,3,and 4 Gen. That's what I'm waiting for

Definitely not. I, for one, commend Sony for not wasting their efforts on BW compat. Would it be nice? Eh. I guess? I really couldn't care less. I have probably 50 current games I've never started, some of which I'm surprised I even own when I see them in my library. The number of times and amount of time I have to go play old stuff both equal exactly zero. Now if they'd just focus on the PS5 instead of making everything still playable on PS4, things would be great. They've got a Lambo and they're not letting me out of the driveway with it because they're afraid their old Malibu they had so much fun driving in their college years (and I've already put up on blocks in the lawn) will get jealous. It's very frustrating. Especially now that they're already talking about upgrading it (minor as it may be) for someone else before I've even gotten to really open it  up and drive the thing.

Spunjji

Quote from: 8&8 on May 06, 2021, 21:06:20
we have al understood that is a 1900X+36 CU vega iGPU in 12nm++
with a perf of a GTX 1060

Who's "we"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

PS5 uses Zen 2 CPU cores with some functions that can be performed on the GPU removed, and an RDNA 2 GPU manufactured on TSMC 7nm. Only trolls and idiots are still buying the "Zen 1 + Vega" nonsense.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview