News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The 7 nm AMD Ryzen 7 5700U is absolutely insane with raw performance rivaling the Core i7-10875H

Started by Redaktion, May 06, 2021, 19:32:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD's bet on higher core counts is paying off when it comes to pure multi-thread performance. Nonetheless, Intel still has the upper hand when it comes to AI integration, single-thread performance, and native Thunderbolt support.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-7-nm-AMD-Ryzen-7-5700U-is-absolutely-insane-with-raw-performance-rivaling-the-Core-i7-10875H.537313.0.html

kek

Good, but with low supply, no thunderbolt support at all (yes, moan all day if you want AMD fans, but most OEMS are jumping into using just USB-C sadly), and still no premium options like those of Intel Evo label, I cant see it growing more. Renoir arrived and is going away, and there are still stock constraints for it, more than a year later after its announcement. There's also the AV1 decoding issues, too.

Paulus

Thunderbolt is mandatory for me as my Ultrafine 5K and docking stations can only be driven by that interface.

heffeque

Yep, AV1 really needs HW decoding capabilities to work properly, and AMD's current APUs can't handle it.
Heck, I might even argue that AV1 HW enconding will end up being useful if it starts being used for video conferencing.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: heffeque on May 10, 2021, 14:52:50
Yep, AV1 really needs HW decoding capabilities to work properly, and AMD's current APUs can't handle it.
Heck, I might even argue that AV1 HW enconding will end up being useful if it starts being used for video conferencing.

It looks like Rembrandt will be the APU to bring the Thunderbolt and AV1 decode support, sometime next year. No encode yet.

xc68000

My 2020 Razer Blade 15 Adv has a 10875H and gets an average score of 3850 on Cinebench r20.

Agree that AMD mobile cpu's are promising, but the results are not matching the ~hype~ that has been generated over the past 4 months from what i see.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview