News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

No more updates: Samsung ends software support for the Galaxy S8 and S8+

Started by Redaktion, May 05, 2021, 16:24:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Four years after release, Samsung has finally turned off the hall lights for owners of the Galaxy S8 and S8+. The two smartphones are now to be considered legacy devices and will no longer receive any scheduled security updates from Samsung. The Galaxy Note 8 and S8 Active are next in line for a similar treatment.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/No-more-updates-Samsung-ends-software-support-for-the-Galaxy-S8-and-S8.537438.0.html

Bart12456

Still rocking an S5, for personal use with no gaming and minimal apps(virus') it's not really necessary for newer. And when an upgrade is needed either a second hand cheap former flagship or new budget model. Wifi calling/texting could be a good alternative as well.

Lora

Fine if they want to discontinue support, but can we please PLEASE be able to delete bixby, its only been ruining my life for 4 years now.

Amm cat

It's been a great phone the S8, so this is kind of BS.

My phone is hardly broken in.

john252

Thats why im switching to iphone. they are still updating their older device.
Samsung is really starting to rip people off.

PATRICK MORGAN

I love my S8 Active! I haven't found anything better to replace it with, so far. I NEED it's durability and dependability for my everyday life!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview