News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Slim and light Asus VivoBook Pro 14 with 2.8K OLED display plus AMD Ryzen 5000H APUs available for pre-order at only ~$770 in China

Started by Redaktion, May 05, 2021, 15:56:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

JD.com has the Asus VivoBook Pro 14 with Ryzen 5 5600H or Ryzen 7 5800H APU options and 2.8K OLED displays for pre-order at under $800. Great prices, no doubt, especially when factoring in the OLED specs with 90 Hz refresh rate, 600 nits peak brightness and 100% DCI-P3 color gamut. However, the port selection is limited, offering no USB-C.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Slim-and-light-Asus-VivoBook-Pro-14-with-2-8K-OLED-display-plus-AMD-Ryzen-5000H-APUs-available-for-pre-order-at-only-770-in-China.537463.0.html

neblogai

This trend of sub-$1000 laptops getting OLED is great news. For many people, performance is not an issue in a laptop, but the screen makes all the difference. So I'm really glad with options of OLED (with it's great blacks, contrast, and colours) over IPS.

Dorby

Surprisingly better paper specs and more affordable than the new Samsung OLED laptops. Bummer about the 2x USB-A ports though, wish Asus put this kind of spec on the Zenbook lineup, pair it with better parts and bigger battery.

Last year I think there was a Clevo ultrabook - 14" 1080p IPS, 4800H, 50Wh, 1.2 kg that achieved a 5 hour runtime. Running that H45 chip and power-hungry Display on a 50Wh battery, the Vivobook Pro 14's battery life is going to its weak point for sure.

pero

With Ryzen 5600 and 14" 16:10 OLED (not glossy I hope) I don't care about USBC. Take my money, please.

Stefan C.

These are the firsts AMD laptops with OLED right? Cant wait to see how amd drivers handle OLED. AFAIK, Nvidia laptops cant handle OLED by itself so Optimus (Intel-Nvidia) is mandatory which drops performance.

Hope to see a 15 FHD 90Hz+ soon on a gaming laptop. My Alienware 13R3 is getting old, plus was never a fan of huge res on low screen size on gaming machines.

RinzImpulse

If only this were available in my country...

Quote from: Dorby on May 05, 2021, 17:35:04
Surprisingly better paper specs and more affordable than the new Samsung OLED laptops. Bummer about the 2x USB-A ports though, wish Asus put this kind of spec on the Zenbook lineup, pair it with better parts and bigger battery.

Last year I think there was a Clevo ultrabook - 14" 1080p IPS, 4800H, 50Wh, 1.2 kg that achieved a 5 hour runtime. Running that H45 chip and power-hungry Display on a 50Wh battery, the Vivobook Pro 14's battery life is going to its weak point for sure.
What was Zephyrus G14 battery capacity? It has pretty great battery life despite using 120hz IPS + discrete gpu, though it's using HS, not H

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview