News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Review: Near-RTX 3090 performance for US$500 less but only marginally better than RX 6800 XT

Started by Redaktion, May 04, 2021, 14:56:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Radeon RX 6900 XT signals AMD's re-entry into the flagship GPU space since the R9 Fury X's outing in 2015. The RX 6900 XT offers excellent raster performance that puts it firmly within reach of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 despite some inadequacies in ray tracing and lack of AI-based super sampling. We take the AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT for a test drive and see how well Team Red has progressed with RDNA 2 so far.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-RX-6900-XT-Review-Near-RTX-3090-performance-for-US-500-less-but-only-marginally-better-than-RX-6800-XT.519238.0.html

Anonymousgg

32 GB of VRAM on at least some variants of the 6900 XT would have been a nice flex on the RTX 3090, and helped to distinguish it from the 6800 XT even if almost nobody needs it. I guess AMD didn't want to step on their professional cards.

DerpBOSS

If it were actually available for anywhere near $1,000 it would be great. But only the reference card is in that ball park. Most are $1500+. I bought a red devil ultra for $2500. Literally an extra 150% on top of the reference msrp. Luckily I won the newegg shuffle and got an AIO 3090 for $200 LESS than the air cooled 6900 XT. So I returned it.

I've generally noticed AMDs cards are waaaaayyyy past their msrps in comparison to nvidia's partner models relative to reference price.

Farva0066

Not even in the same league in gaming.  Explain the fidelity of AMDs Cyberpunk Ray-tracing.  Unplayable...

I'm not going to commend a company for matching the performance of the previous company's 2+ year old products.  I just want what works best, and the comparisons to older games like Valhalla ..  we're talking about terribly unoptimized engines.  We are already starting to see new games taking advantage of more efficient engines that are comparable comparable visually... But run at 2x the speed. 

DLSS is a game changer  -- right now.  No waiting for some software based solution AMD that will be inheritently worse than the performance than Nvidia's solution at the hardware level - you can instantly add 30 fps in most games with BETTER fidelity than no DLSS.

I would strongly advise against any of the AMD cards this gen... If you are luck enough to have a choice..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview