News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel refutes claim that newly-uncovered Spectre vulnerability variants need patching with performance-leeching fixes

Started by Redaktion, May 04, 2021, 14:55:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

University of Virginia cybersecurity researchers published a paper in which they claimed that a variant of the Spectre vulnerability could potentially impact "billions" of devices, and require patches that severely hinder performance. Intel, however, refuted the claim in a statement.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-refutes-claim-that-newly-uncovered-Spectre-vulnerability-variants-need-patching-with-performance-leeching-fixes.537374.0.html

Jatin

I feel like Intel lying and AMD would do the same eventually. Intel is already under pressure from losing to Apple and AMD is giving them more reasons to worry as well. Do the Spectre exploits affect Apple SoCs ?

I don't think University researchers would make such bold claims without being damn sure, because their reputation and whole career depends on it..

kek

Quote from: Jatin on May 04, 2021, 19:30:11
I feel like Intel lying and AMD would do the same eventually. Intel is already under pressure from losing to Apple and AMD is giving them more reasons to worry as well. Do the Spectre exploits affect Apple SoCs ?

I don't think University researchers would make such bold claims without being damn sure, because their reputation and whole career depends on it..

Universities these days are full of morons bending over to get money & fundings. Just look how they went from "Trans people might need psychological help" to "Trans people are OK all the time" in a lapse of less than a decade.

As for Intel/AMD, well, it still needs to be seen if anyone has ever tried using Spectre as a way of attack. Rasomware has been so far more succesfull on that regard.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview