News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Motorola Moto G100 smartphone review: Fast 5G mobile phone as PC replacement

Started by Redaktion, May 04, 2021, 04:27:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A high-quality mid-range phone with a fast processor, fast storage, and a large battery. This is how you could describe the Moto G100, but that would be leaving out an important aspect: Thanks to the Ready For docking software, the smartphone can also be used as a replacement for a desktop PC.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Motorola-Moto-G100-smartphone-review-Fast-5G-mobile-phone-as-PC-replacement.537276.0.html

rinnnnnn

the specs on this phone is nice and all, but those two front punch hole cameras look ugly.
Also I think you should start including Genshin Impact in the tests, considering that game is pretty demanding for many phones.

Saurav Ghosh

weeeeeeeee

So huge. I wish they would go back below 145mm in height. Below 140mm even better. The super stretched aspect ratio is superfluous.

Barthol.

That's not a DOCK. Look at that thing.
The Moto PENETRATION CHAIR.
Patent pending; penetration available now.

Henri

With an OLED screen would have been perfect. An IPS....it´s just to much money to ask...

joergieo

Could you tell me about type C connectivity? Because of the desktop mode 'Ready for' i would  be interested if it has a HDMI 2.1 license having 4k@60hz or only 30hz? I would be happy to have this information so i know if it makes any sense to order a docking station having such capabilities.

KC

I always check your site for PWM prior to buying something and sad to say this phone DOES flicker at anything less than 65% brightness.

MM in CA

Excellent review, really nailed the key points. Helped convince me to buy one around launch. I've been using my G100 (upgraded from Moto G8 Power previously) for many months now. The performance of the phone is impressive, display is OK but clearly some trade-offs were made for cost. It's fine but not impressive. Battery life is outstanding. Main camera is good for stills and video, especially with GCam app. Ultra wide is passable for quality, but wish it had better color and a slightly larger sensor. Still, it's useful enough to make good A4 prints with a touch of editing, so not bad. Loud speaker is appreciated. Main selfie cam is acceptable, never use the secondary. Also, IP52 is probably conservative. I listen to music or podcasts in the shower all the time with no problem. Ready for mode is very, very impressive IMO. It's a great value add for those who want to use a bigger screen at times for productivity work using web apps or android apps. If only it could run Linux native apps like on ChromeOS, it would be a true PC replacement. Main complaint I have is the screen scratched up way too easily. I've already gotten more scratches on this phone than my last several phones combined. I must have had a bad batch of Gorilla Glass on my production run. Also, the phone is only promised to receive 2 years of Android OS upgrades, which is disappointing given the hardware is so capable, I can easily imagine it going for 3 or even more years. Anyway, all around excellent effort by Moto, just wish the display were tougher on my device.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview