News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus will launch the ROG Flow X13 gaming convertible in India soon

Started by Redaktion, May 03, 2021, 17:42:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With its up-to-Ryzen 9 5980HS processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics, Asus has designed the ROG Flow X13 to bring gaming to the 2-in-1 category. Now, a new report asserts the OEM is about to introduce this machine to India on May 12, 2021. Whether the PC's matching XG Mobile eGPU will be joining it in its putative new market is less clear at this point.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-will-launch-the-ROG-Flow-X13-gaming-convertible-in-India-soon.537288.0.html

Ishraqiyun

When are they actually coming to the United States?

Wish they were selling the 5980HS + 32GB version without the XG Mobile. Want one for programming and pro audio, and have zero need for the XG Mobile.

TKay

I own this laptop and I would highly recommend against buying it.
There is no announcement on when the external GPU will go on sale and there are better laptops without eGPUs.  Even if it does go on sale it is very likely to be near impossible to buy, as the quantities will be tiny and the number of people needing it goes up by the day.
If I could go back in time, I would have bought a G15 or M15.

Shashwat

Woah...the folks at Asus Global/ India are real idiots if they're launching Flow X13  before launching laptops like the 2021 versions of Strix G15, Zephyrus G14,G15...and improving availability of G17 & other upper budget 2021 gaming models..
The Flow X13 will be $2000+ (about INR 1,50,000 since 2021 Strix G17 is prized at 1,60,000) , that too without a proper GPU and then you have to shell out another $1000 for a eGPU !

At max., 100 people would buy this laptop in the WHOLE country!

Whereas thousands of people are waiting to buy the 2021 Strix G15 config of R 5800H + RTX 3060/3070 ~140 W , if priced properly for about INR 1,50,000.
If someone at Asus India/ Global is reading this, they should immediately follow up on this free advice that could lead them to rake in millions, instead of whatever hare-brained ideas they come up with themselves ( like launching ROG Phone 5 that hardly anyone buys instead of launching Zenfone 7 in 2020 , or soon they'll make the mistake of not launching the ZF 8 due to the fear of OnePlus...)

Dorby

The XG Mobile is twice as hard to find as a separate purchase, but Asus does sell them for good prices in some cities.

I ordered my 3080 from Amazon Japan for $1,300, not bad considering the Flow X13 starts at $1,400.

TKay

Quote from: Dorby on May 04, 2021, 13:59:04
The XG Mobile is twice as hard to find as a separate purchase, but Asus does sell them for good prices in some cities.

I ordered my 3080 from Amazon Japan for $1,300, not bad considering the Flow X13 starts at $1,400.

I question the truth of this statement.
I ordered a Flow eGPU on Amazon Japan the day it was listed and also ordered it on Asus Japan's site. After about a month of waiting for shipment, Asus canceled both orders due to lack of stock.
Asus is now saying that MAYBE they will ship some in mid July.
They do not offer it for sale in any country that I have checked.

Dorby

I put my order on the very week of launch in February. The Amazon Japan price is msrp, just that in many cities including my own, a separate module has a much higher markup compared to a bundled pre-order (which is all sold-out). That's why I chose to order the XG Mobile from Japan even before the laptop became available in my country.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview