News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The X1 Carbon Gen 9 has arrived: Lenovo ThinkPad flagship with new design is in review

Started by Redaktion, May 03, 2021, 16:28:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Barely on the market, already in for review: The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon at the forefront of the ThinkPad brand since 2012. With the X1 Carbon Gen 9, Lenovo adopts a new design, making the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2021 the biggest redesign of the X1 Carbon series since 2017.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-X1-Carbon-Gen-9-has-arrived-Lenovo-ThinkPad-flagship-with-new-design-is-in-review.537282.0.html

Great

I'm excited to read it!
Very interested in this laptop if the battery life is good and if the fans are silent in normal use. Let's hope.

Nick Hey

Please don't forget to test how compatible it is with linux. At the very least, install the latest Ubuntu LTS and document what hardware doesn't work out of the box.

Thanks!

S.Yu

Some fans of Lenovo kept making excuses about Lenovo's keyboard, about how the shape of the keys was ugly but ergonomic, now the only potentially ergonomic aspect of the design, the concave surface is gone, yet ironically the ugly cheapening curved bottom edge remain.

PeterHe

For me, the best thing about your reviews are the temperature measurements and heat comfort assessments. I belong to the tiny minority that actually use a laptop on my lap, for hours every day. Most "laptops" are quite unsuitable for this, due to excessive heat. The adverts for the new X1 Carbon sound promising in this respect. But is this just hype? Or have Lenovo made a real improvement? Are they now best in class, as their ad-men seem to believe? Or do you have better recommendations?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview