News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel reportedly hints at multi-billion-dollar subsidies on planned EU and US factories

Started by Redaktion, May 02, 2021, 18:00:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel had recently outlined plans to establish new plants in Europe, possibly in a bid to address the prevailing chipset-supply crisis. However, a new report suggest that the OEM expects something in return for the potential economic boost for the regions in question: namely, that European governments contribute up to €8 billion (US$9.7 billion) to the project in question.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-reportedly-hints-at-multi-billion-dollar-subsidies-on-planned-EU-and-US-factories.536663.0.html

Barebooh

Hah! "Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg or the Netherlands", hmmmmm, I wonder what these candidates have in common?
Couldn't charge Slovakia 10 billion, now, could you?
(no hate Slovaks you rock)

vertigo

I really hope they don't do this. Manufacturing needs to be brought back to the US and EU, but not at taxpayers' expense. I'm sick of big companies expecting subsidies, kickbacks, etc. Instead of giving them money to bring manufacturing back, the governments should just increase the tariffs so make it more expensive to offshore it. If they want to try and extort money to do something they should be able to afford on their own, and probably even want to do but are just hoping they can get a handout for it, then the governments should just play hardball and offer a "counter" of higher prices if they don't.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview