News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Intel Tiger Lake H35 Core i7-11375H has proven to be hugely unpopular with laptop makers

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2021, 03:40:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Core i7-11375H looks destined to become a niche processor that will be all but forgotten in the growing Tiger Lake lineup. Its unremarkable performance when compared to a standard Core i7-1165G7 gives OEMs and end-users little reason to invest in it.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Intel-Tiger-Lake-H35-Core-i7-11375H-has-proven-to-be-hugely-unpopular-with-laptop-makers.536318.0.html

rahul garg

I think you forgot the upcoming Dell Inspiron refresh with the H35 processors. Please refer to the article on your site dated 13th April by Bogdan. Dell Vostro is also getting refreshed with the same platform.  Dell Inspiron is a mass market product that is generally hugely popular.

Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc

asno

Picked up a 5900HS.   35W 8 core 16 thread CPU that can run comfortably at reduced voltages without a fan @ 3.3 ghz.   It sits in a thin and light chassis very similar to the 15w tiger lake laptops.

The fan will kick on after being under load for a few minutes,  and the cpu will run 4.5 ghz across all cores.

Paired with the superior AMD Radeon graphics,  I'm not sure why anyone would prefer the Intel's offering.   Maybe based on brand or availability.

Intel should have waited to release their 8 core tiger lake at the same time as their 4 core for anyone to take a serious look at it who needs a high performance computer.  I have a few of the 15w Tiger Lakes at work,  and while they are nice enough for office work,  the 4c/8t package feel's dated and a compromise behind the very affordable 6c/6t 14nm processors in most of intel's desktop categories. 

MadDog707

I just bought the Asus TUF Dash f15 with the i7-11375H, 3070 @ 85 watts.  I got it for $1699 which seems like a steal with the current market prices, so keep that in mind when comparing it to others.  I'm using it right now to plot some Chia and does well keeping up with my 10600k and my 8600k.  Even though it's a 4 core, it runs like a 6 core in respect to parallel plots going.  I will be testing some games like Doom Ethernal soon, I'm sure it will run great.  I know the recent bios update for the resizeable bar and the newest Nvidia drivers improved performance by 15-20%, opposed to what it came with from the factory. (octopus algorithm)

With that said I do believe the new chips will be better, but I see those laptops being at least $2000+.

JayN

I believe the TGL-H35 has at least an option for the max size of integrated Xe GPU.  It also has the fully integrated Thunderbolt 4.  I believe its wifi6 is also fully integrated.

I believe the TGL-U and TGL-H35 will also be involved in the TGL refresh, which may also include any changes required to support higher speeds of  LPDDR5 ... this is repeating an Anandtech rumor. There is also a report from notebookcheck on 3/7 that a 5GHz boost version of TGL-H35 is coming with the refresh ... a Core i7-11390H.

The TGL-H45 has 20 pcie4 lanes vs 4 PCIE4 on H35, so H45 is more suited for a discrete pcie4 GPU + pcie4 storage.  I believe it also supports DDR4-3200

So, these are enough different that I don't believe H45 is a substitute for the H35. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview