News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

OnePlus announces a deplorable Android 11 upgrade schedule for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2021, 01:42:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It seems that OnePlus has gone all LG with its software support for older smartphones. The company has confirmed that the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T will not receive Android 11 Open Beta updates until the end of August, just in time for Android 12's arrival. So much for Never Settle, OnePlus.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/OnePlus-announces-a-deplorable-Android-11-upgrade-schedule-for-the-OnePlus-6-and-6T.536298.0.html

Anon456

It not surprising from OP. They started from a boutique like phone maker, and now that they have some sort of supply chain and created some sort of brand awareness, they act arrogantly and lost their way. Just look at how they price their "flagship" phones, thinking that somehow they're as good as Apple or Samsung. And they're not for different reasons.
Plus, even Samsung did significant changes about their software and improved it a lot for the past years. And that was one of the key advantages OP had over them, but not anymore.

So, good luck OP selling your phones only to China and India.

Anon457

This is a bit of a ridiculous take given that they've already upgraded the OS on the 3 year old phone multiple times.

Pleh

Nicholas Vaughn

My wife has a op6 and I have a 6t. Looks like I will be switching back to Samsung when I purchase next. I wanted a new oneplus but they don't support them like they did for my Op3. It came with android 6 and got 7,8,9 in a relatively good update cycle. That's when they cared.

HevSev

Absolute cunts. Wont even fix the horrid keyboard bug that erases the text field if you touch the "ergonomic" empty space under the keyboard and now this. Time to get another phone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview