News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple M1 hits new heights by surmounting PassMark's desktop and laptop CPU single-thread performance charts ahead of the Intel Core i9-11900F and AMD Ryzen 9 5980HS

Started by Redaktion, April 29, 2021, 12:07:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The M1 Apple Silicon has now claimed the top spot in PassMark's CPU Mark single-thread performance charts for both desktop and laptop CPUs, thanks to the hybrid processor turning up in devices such as the MacBook Pro 13 laptop and Mac Mini desktop. The Apple M1 managed to outscore powerful rivals such as the Intel Core i9-11900K, i9-11900F, AMD Ryzen 9 5980HS, and Ryzen 9 5900HS.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-M1-hits-new-heights-by-surmounting-PassMark-s-desktop-and-laptop-CPU-single-thread-performance-charts-ahead-of-the-Intel-Core-i9-11900F-and-AMD-Ryzen-9-5980HS.536122.0.html

Ayoh

LOL looks like the "lifestyle company from Cupertino" has managed to beat and embarrass Intel with their very first CPU. Shame Intel has so much momentum and we are all forced to buy their inefficient and dated designs in our laptops. Hopefully AMD will eat their market share big time once they get their s*** together with the supply issues

DarkInquisitor

Now I'm not sure about these benchmark softwares especially when it comes to single core, intel and amd are using hyper threaded architecture so these programs were made to test the speed of a thread and a core has two threads but Apple has only one core without the concept of threads so the most realistic CPU to compare it with would be a 4 core i5 10th Gen or an and Ryzen 5 or 7 with 4 cores. It's like testing how to drift on a single lane (team red and blue) Vs drifting on a dual carriageway (Apple) so in my opinion the benchmark softwares should either change their approach or the companies change architectures. I could be wrong so I'm open to criticism and corrections.

Astar

Yet another lackey article paid for by Crapple. You know that they are rehashing the same old dirty tricks that Intel used when they could not compete with AMD - harping on single threaded performance.

"Its average CPU Mark, which is formed from numerous test results, stands at a middling 14,872 points whereas the AMD Ryzen 5 3600, for example, has 17,862 points here."
- The CrApple M1 sucks big time even when compared to AMD's CPU from 2 generations ago!

The proof is in the pudding when you look at the multi-threaded benchmark scores or the real life work load tests! That's the limitation of ARM architecture CPUs for you!

Who the hell cares about single thread performance when we all buy multi-core CPUs? All modern OS are mult-tasking multi-threaded capable. That's why we can run multiple apps concurrently!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview