News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Kaby Lake-G Is History: Intel Phantom Canyon NUC11PHKi7C Review

Started by Redaktion, April 26, 2021, 18:44:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Instead of developing a second generation Kaby Lake-G, Intel has simply swapped out AMD for Nvidia to essentially put an end to the short-lived Intel-AMD chipset. The results are worthwhile even if the new NUC is a bit thicker and heavier than before.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Kaby-Lake-G-Is-History-Intel-Phantom-Canyon-NUC11PHKi7C-Review.533281.0.html

ava1ar

Quotemore consistent driver support than Hades Canyon

On Windows probably, on Linux it is completely vice versa - Kaby Lake-G works great out of the box and NVIDIA support still sucks.; Also, why to solder the WiFi/BT module? I upgraded my Hades to AX210 recently and this one despite being few years newer stuck with AX201.
I owned Skull Canyon and Hades was a great upgrade from it, but Phantom doesn't look attractive to me at all. Hope next gen will be better and I am sure my Hades will last for another 2-3 years easily.

Jammy87

Hold up, white boy!! How's NVIDIA "sucky" on Linux? You slandering my folks here? With their PRIME driver being as good as, and even more configurable than, the Windows package. I say it's a MARVELOUS achievement.
Sir/mam, NVIDIA rep, if you're reading this, I'll gladly treat you to a Happy Meal, any time.

ava1ar

Quote from: Jammy87 on April 27, 2021, 02:24:02
Hold up, white boy!! How's NVIDIA "sucky" on Linux? You slandering my folks here? With their PRIME driver being as good as, and even more configurable than, the Windows package. I say it's a MARVELOUS achievement.
Sir/mam, NVIDIA rep, if you're reading this, I'll gladly treat you to a Happy Meal, any time.

And probably due to the "MARVELOUS achievement" of NVIDIA Ubuntu enabled Wayland by default in 21.04 for everyone except NVIDIA proprietary blob users. And in general Wayland support on NVIDIA still behind any open source driver. I personally prefer OSS driver from the kernel rather than buggy binary blob.

GigaOpinion

Quote from: ava1ar on April 28, 2021, 03:48:02
Quote from: Jammy87 on April 27, 2021, 02:24:02

And probably due to the "MARVELOUS achievement" of NVIDIA Ubuntu enabled Wayland by default in 21.04 for everyone except NVIDIA proprietary blob users. And in general Wayland support on NVIDIA still behind any open source driver. I personally prefer OSS driver from the kernel rather than buggy binary blob.
And you're blaming NVIDIA for that?..
Hey, Armies of Exigo (2004) looks kinda blurry on Windows 10, should I also take it out on my RTX?

Crimble

Unfortunately, despite all the goodies it has, still can't fit a shucked 4TB 15mm spinner.  :( :( 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview