News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

XGIMI MoGo Pro portable projector hands-on

Started by Redaktion, April 25, 2021, 05:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The MoGo Pro portable projector from XGIMI is a powerful but compact projector that is well-suited for outdoor movie nights, media binges on the road, or video viewing at a friend's house. However, the projector is outclassed by less portable solutions (especially at this price), edging it out for use in a permanent home theater setup.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/XGIMI-MoGo-Pro-portable-projector-hands-on.535144.0.html

Huh-her

Sammy Boy, now, I respect you and all; but where the hell do find all these Chinese no-names. And why are you reviewing them>

Sam Medley

Hi Huh-her,

Thanks for reading! I get contacted by companies that want me to review their products, and I pick the ones that I think are interesting (like the MoGo Pro) or present a good alternative to popular consumer products (like the 1MORE ANC wireless earbuds as an alternative to AirPods). You should see the list of products I decline to review; it's rather large.

In the interest of full disclosure, no company has any input in the final review aside from providing me the technical specifications or clarifying questions I have about hardware. The first time the manufacturer or retailer sees the review is when it's publicly published; they see it the same time our readers do. If a company sends me the product for review, this is denoted at the end of the article.

Hope that answers some questions!

vertigo

The use of a camera for auto-focusing is pretty cool, and I hope other, more established brands start implementing such a feature. But as with any device like this with a camera, caution should be taken to prevent the camera from being remotely viewed. As for the bulb, just because a bulb is rated for a certain lifetime, that's not a guarantee, and it could die after just a couple years, which if that happens outside the warranty period you're SOL. I don't think I'd buy a projector with a non-replaceable bulb unless it was LED (in which case it's not a bulb).

Deezy

$550 for something that only has 300 Ansi lumens is too much. the room will need to be pretty dark to even get a decent image.

I know you are paying for the portability factor. If this was around $300 then that would be acceptable.

S.Yu

Complete waste of money...buy any cheap TV at that price and give yourself a break. Projectors are bad value for most applications and the situation for them is getting worse.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview