News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Joswiak: Apple has no plans to merge iOS and macOS, coy about bringing Mac apps to iOS

Started by Redaktion, April 23, 2021, 11:42:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

One aspect of the Apple iPad Pro launch that caught the eye is Apple's use of the M1 chip in the new 11-inch and 12.9-inch models. Naturally, this got tongues wagging about whether Apple was planning on bringing Mac apps to the iPad or whether, in fact, it is planning on merging the two operating systems. Apple's Greg Joswiak says the answer is a firm 'No' to the latter.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Joswiak-Apple-has-no-plans-to-merge-iOS-and-macOS-coy-about-bringing-Mac-apps-to-iOS.534182.0.html

S.Yu

KRO_NCRW

Several passages of the article read like complete nonsense to me. Misleading at best, with dumb being the more appropriate word.

YUKI93

Quote from: S.Yu on April 23, 2021, 19:13:49
What seems most interesting about macOS is Windows emulation...

I'd rather emulate macOS inside Windows rather than doing the other way around.

YUKI93

This is why I'm sticking to Windows. Microsoft shows that you can have a fully-fledged desktop OS in a tablet chassis with the Surface lineup.

S.Yu

Quote from: YUKI93 on May 02, 2021, 04:43:58
Quote from: S.Yu on April 23, 2021, 19:13:49
What seems most interesting about macOS is Windows emulation...

I'd rather emulate macOS inside Windows rather than doing the other way around.
I wasn't aware of the possibility, but before that M1 doesn't run x86 so the technically native Windows on ARM isn't even really Windows.

_MT_

Quote from: S.Yu on May 02, 2021, 20:34:50
I wasn't aware of the possibility, but before that M1 doesn't run x86 so the technically native Windows on ARM isn't even really Windows.
You can run an x86 version of Mac OS. It's like a Hackintosh (a non-Apple PC with Mac OS on it), just in a virtual machine.

S.Yu

Quote from: _MT_ on May 02, 2021, 20:48:00
Quote from: S.Yu on May 02, 2021, 20:34:50
You can run an x86 version of Mac OS. It's like a Hackintosh (a non-Apple PC with Mac OS on it), just in a virtual machine.
...if M1 could run Hackintosh, surely it could run Windows proper? Is it Windows on ARM or Windows proper?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview