News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The PlayStation 5 requires a functional CMOS battery to work properly, but Sony has also made the 3V cell a mission to replace

Started by Redaktion, April 21, 2021, 01:03:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It is now clear that the PlayStation 4 will become e-waste if its CMOS battery dies and Sony disables PSN access. Howver, a new analysis shows that the same applies to the PlayStation 5, for some inexplicable reason.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-PlayStation-5-requires-a-functional-CMOS-battery-to-work-properly-but-Sony-has-also-made-the-3V-cell-a-mission-to-replace.533416.0.html

R31ya

Cmos battery last for 10~20 year.
Its not part of daily repair. So its not that high in ease of access priority.

They could make easier to access but it seems its intentionally made to be slightly difficult to access as it is part of tamper proof mechanic. If you mess around with the motherboard it will ask the user to do hardware verification with sony server.

TruthIsThere

Quote from: R31ya on April 21, 2021, 06:48:07
Cmos battery last for 10~20 year.
Its not part of daily repair.

In a perfect idea world, maybe (but really, 10-20yrs? Bahahaha) and also hoping that your CMOS battery is not the unlucky one that was mass produced of faulty battery bins because no batteries ever gotten a scandal from such behaviors?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-average-lifespan-of-a-cmos-battery/e69e94cf-2f74-463a-bc54-f7b0fbcce5d1#:~:text=3%2D5%20years%20is%20a,longer%2C%20some%20last%20less%20time.

Sven86

Why are you guys only mentioning the PS5? Does it play also made a Statement about the Series X/S Consoles on his Twitter Account, they have the same issue like the PS5 but you only mentioning the PS5 because it generates more clicks for you:). My Day One PS3 still works, my Day One PS4 works like a Charme, I'm not worried about the Battery

TruthIsThere

Quote from: Sven86 on April 21, 2021, 10:31:22
Why are you guys only mentioning the PS5? Does it play also made a Statement about the Series X/S Consoles on his Twitter Account, they have the same issue like the PS5 but you only mentioning the PS5 because it generates more clicks for you:). My Day One PS3 still works, my Day One PS4 works like a Charme, I'm not worried about the Battery

This difference here, I'm sure that you know, the PS5 is the most expensive unit in its history that SHOULD NOT BE SO CONSUMER UNFRIENDLY in the most basic primitive measures like:

Sony shouldn't be charging the same price as the more powerful TRUE next-gen console by hardware and in software features compared to the XSX! FACT!

The PS5 FAILED by having a NON-USER REPLACEABLE SOLDERED ON SSD! FACT!

Sony should've had not designed a simple CMOS battery placement under a heatsink to lock owners out due to Sony's continued narcissist and fascist movement. FACT!

PS5 are overheating and its not an isolated case due memory placement. FACT!

Sony is calling its SoC/APU next-gen ready but its is really a RDNA 1.5 with only RT and not with the full-feature rich of RDNA2 like in the XSX but has the ignorance to price the inferior PS5 as it do has it. A LIE! FACT!

Do you need more, "why only PS5" nonsense?!   ::)

Cake

Quote from: Sven86 on April 21, 2021, 10:31:22

The Xbox one and series consoles do not have cmos batteries. They can play physical games indefinitely offline unlike Sony consoles. Just unplugging the system resets time since there's no  cmos and the system doesn't care what time it is. Even for achievements

Erich C Toven

Your, "liquid metal" is called thermal compound and you can get it at any best buy or computer store. Also as someone mentioned those batteries last 10 years or more.

Veritas84

The ps5 is cheaper than the ps3 was at launch.... I have owned all of them at day1 launch. Get your fact checker on man. Click bait. Bet you get kick backs from Xbox.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview