News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Facebook forces third-party versions of its Android app off the Play Store

Started by Redaktion, April 19, 2021, 16:43:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Many Android phone owners use apps that mirror or "wrap" the mobile Facebook interface rather than use this company's app. However, the social media giant has started to deprive them of this option. It has already had the apps Simple Social and Swipe taken down from Google's Play Store.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Facebook-forces-third-party-versions-of-its-Android-app-off-the-Play-Store.533258.0.html

vertigo

Hopefully this backfires and just results in less people using Facebook on their phones. I refuse to use, or even allow, it on my phone, both due to privacy concerns and battery drain. I doubt Facebook would ban users that continue to use these apps, since that would cost them and they would seem to have little to gain from it, but then I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. I wonder if they'll still be available on third-party app stores.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview