News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Poco X3 explodes while charging and Poco lays blame firmly on the customer

Started by Redaktion, April 18, 2021, 17:11:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Yet another device has gone up in flames. Again, it's a Xiaomi phone, this time the Poco X3. Supposedly, the device spontaneously combusted while charging, but Poco has claimed it was down to the customer puncturing the battery beforehand.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Poco-X3-explodes-while-charging-and-Poco-lays-blame-firmly-on-the-customer.532921.0.html

Sakimoto

These ultra cheap phones are always a gamble. Maybe the battery was a poor-quality, faulty unit during assembling and Poco kept poor quality control processes to keep the prices in check.
Also, no way Xiaomi wants to show their fast charging technology in 'bad light'..

heffeque

Quote from: Sakimoto on April 18, 2021, 18:08:40
These ultra cheap phones are always a gamble. Maybe the battery was a poor-quality, faulty unit during assembling and Poco kept poor quality control processes to keep the prices in check.
Also, no way Xiaomi wants to show their fast charging technology in 'bad light'..
How are the Poco phones any poorer quality than Samsung or Apple? (out of curiosity) Would like some explanation, not just random stuff that isn't backed up with any kind of proof.

ZODD

What a shitty way to treat a customer,  yeah throw all your customers under the bus and see what happens.
What a shitty move by a shitty company, they can go screw.

Kami

Wow. Didn't expect such a bad and misleading "article" on this site. Shame on you Mr. Copywriter.

Ian

It doesn't take a rocket scientist or even Sherlock Holmes to see that there is a puncture hole in the back of the phone right where the battery sits. I have strong doubts that this device was do depressed that it punctured itself before setting itself ablaze. Also, there is a daft trend in parts of the world to replace the OS with untested software and modify the case to "vent" excessive heat. I wish you would do your own research before jumping on the compensationface bandwagon 🙄

deksman2

Quote from: Sakimoto on April 18, 2021, 18:08:40

The phone battery seems to have been clearly punctured, thus confirming xiaomi analysis.
This particular problem seems to have been caused by the user.

As for ultra cheap phones... Uhm... I've been using xiaomi mi redmi note 5 plus for over 3 years now without any issues.

The main thing I'd prefer is for xiaomi to release android 10 or 11 for that phone as the hw is able to run it just fine (I'm actually running a custom/community developed clean android 11 on it - there are a few bugs but nothing major).

Oh and cheap phones having worse quality than more expensive phones is actually a bit bogus.
Do you not recall expensive brand phones batteries (Samsung) exploding during charging?

At the end of the day, all these companies manufacture their hw in the same location.
Why should I pay 5x more for a phone which has same features and hw?

Sorry but I'd prefer to buy a smartphone for a low amount of money and use it for about 3 or 4 years before upgrading.

YUKI93

Quote from: heffeque on April 18, 2021, 19:00:04
How are the Poco phones any poorer quality than Samsung or Apple? (out of curiosity) Would like some explanation, not just random stuff that isn't backed up with any kind of proof.
[/quote]

I currently have a 2014 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and a 2016 Samsung J2 Prime that I got from my parents after they bought themselves a brand new phone. Both my parents are a heavy user and both phone still working well to this day. So I can tell about the user experience of a Samsung phone. I wouldn't comment much on Apple since I don't own an iPhone. But as for POCO, a friend of mine has been complaining about the build quality for his M3 and F2 Pro. He's been using armour casing for both of them because he has accidentally dropped them several times and he's not happy with the outcome. He did applaud the performance, but that's about it. He even said to me that he would now rather spend extra money for a phone with better build quality.

Nemanja

There is a CLEAR puncture visible on the second of the first 4 pictures that he posted. Which he became aware later and then made more damage on the back. You can see the difference in picture I mentioned above and later back cover pictures that he posted.
Seems like A LOT of people can't add 2+2 in this case and see the obvious!
What a leech this guy is.

Wereweeb

Smartphones are all plastic, metal and glass. When you buy a phone you can ask what kind of glass it uses.

As for this case, there is indeed a suspicious hole in the back of the Poco X3. I can't think of how the hole would be caused by a battery malfunction, instead of the other way around. Either way, that's up to a court to decide.

Hart932

The hole in the silicone cover appears to be rectangular shaped, very odd for explosion blast from battery to cause such a hole shape. Its also odd shape for an accidental back puncture on a silicone cover.

heffeque

Quote from: YUKI93 on April 19, 2021, 12:45:51
Quote from: heffeque on April 18, 2021, 19:00:04

I currently have a 2014 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and a 2016 Samsung J2 Prime that I got from my parents after they bought themselves a brand new phone. Both my parents are a heavy user and both phone still working well to this day. So I can tell about the user experience of a Samsung phone. I wouldn't comment much on Apple since I don't own an iPhone. But as for POCO, a friend of mine has been complaining about the build quality for his M3 and F2 Pro. He's been using armour casing for both of them because he has accidentally dropped them several times and he's not happy with the outcome. He did applaud the performance, but that's about it. He even said to me that he would now rather spend extra money for a phone with better build quality.
[/quote]
I have exactly the complete opposite experience:
Samsung phones working like crap and easily breaking (A6 2016), and a Xiaomi Mi 9T that's almost 2 years old, I'm using the slim plastic cover that comes with the phone, and no screen protector, and it's in mint condition, and will soon get MIUI 12.5 with Android 11.

Our individual experiences are statistically irrelevant.

S.Yu

Meanwhile the news in China is that a guy's cheap Samsung from 2016 caught fire in his backpack. I don't get how this could make the news without malicious intent because a handful of batteries from any manufacturer could fail each year and this is a cheap model heavily worn. I don't even use my S6E as a backup anymore because it lags so badly. I don't know how anybody could get by using a cheap phone so old in China considering the state of optimization of local apps.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview