News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesvor S6: An affordable, but ultimately frustrating, robot vacuum and mop

Started by Redaktion, April 12, 2021, 15:04:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Tesvor S6 is relatively affordable by robot vacuum standards, but Tesvor has still managed to include many of the features that its competitors offer. Unfortunately, the Tesvor S6 misses the mark in its execution.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesvor-S6-An-affordable-but-ultimately-frustrating-robot-vacuum-and-mop.531841.0.html

S.Yu

Hmm, to be fair, I didn't come across a single robot vacuum with a reliable track record, regardless of price. They all have trouble getting themselves stuck on cables lying on the ground(certain laptop charging cables seem to strike the perfect balance of thickness and mobility to get them hopelessly stuck almost every time), bump into obstacles, and get lost in a medium sized residence pretty frequently. The moronic Haier model I tried would even delete its half-scanned floorplan semi-randomly, and each complete scan takes over 4hrs with multiple manual intervention required. Admittedly I wasn't looking very hard but I have to say I'm disappointed about what capabilities an integrated lidar could actually provide.

Alex Alderson

Quote from: S.Yu on April 13, 2021, 00:15:10
Hmm, to be fair, I didn't come across a single robot vacuum with a reliable track record, regardless of price. They all have trouble getting themselves stuck on cables lying on the ground(certain laptop charging cables seem to strike the perfect balance of thickness and mobility to get them hopelessly stuck almost every time), bump into obstacles, and get lost in a medium sized residence pretty frequently. The moronic Haier model I tried would even delete its half-scanned floorplan semi-randomly, and each complete scan takes over 4hrs with multiple manual intervention required. Admittedly I wasn't looking very hard but I have to say I'm disappointed about what capabilities an integrated lidar could actually provide.

I've been using the Roborock S5 Max for a while (personal use) and it manages everything pretty well. Proscenic make some good vacuums too. Most Roborocks and Proscenics are more expensive the Tesvor, mind you.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview