News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung gives iPhone users a taste of the "other side" with iTest web app

Started by Redaktion, April 09, 2021, 17:12:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new web app from Samsung New Zealand helps iPhone users try out Samsung's smartphone interface without buying a new phone. The iTest app is an interactive simulation of Samsung's One UI. However, many of the "apps" and features don't work, limiting the effectiveness of the marketing campaign.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-gives-iPhone-users-a-taste-of-the-other-side-with-iTest-web-app.531481.0.html

S.Yu

OneUI is still my favorite UI, but this doesn't seem to be able to get a message across.

vertigo

I'm not a fan of Samsung or One UI, but regardless, this seems like a bad idea. First of all, I wonder how long before Apple bans it. Second, how many iphone users, people who are typically die-hard fans, are going to care enough to bother with this, and of those, how many can't and wouldn't just go to a store and play with a Samsung phone for a much better, more realistic experience, and third, it seems like it's just going to give those that do try it a bad impression, and only reinforce their decision to use Apple. Hell, with all the stupid stuff Google and Samsung do with Android, I've found myself contemplating going with an Apple a few times, so if I had an even more half-baked experience after being used to iOS, I would definitely not be convinced to switch to Samsung/Android.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview