News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Surface Laptop 4 to launch on April 27; leaked configurations affirm that Microsoft continues to make compromises to drive sales volumes of more expensive configurations

Started by Redaktion, April 09, 2021, 14:13:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft will announce the Surface Laptop 4 series on April 27, according to a new report. The Surface Laptop series will gain Intel Tiger Lake and AMD Ryzen Renoir 'Surface Edition' processors starting at €1,149 for the Ryzen 5 4680U edition. Ultimately though, Microsoft is trying to steer people onto the more expensive 15-inch configurations, rather than the cheaper and more compact 13.5-inch configurations.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Surface-Laptop-4-to-launch-on-April-27-leaked-configurations-affirm-that-Microsoft-continues-to-make-compromises-to-drive-sales-volumes-of-more-expensive-configurations.531450.0.html

Veyron

8GB of RAM is not a laptop, it's a toy.

Even a child would throw it at my face because he can barely run Chrome.

DAVID SALSERO

Microsoft is wrong in not using AMD and even more so not using AMD 5000 Series which is much better than Intel 11th generation.
If it is not AMD I do not buy it and more with those prices they seem like a robbery

ChinaLiedUyghursDied

Great to see outdated AMD hardware in such an expensive product. I'd love to see an AMD Ryzen 9 5980HS (35W)+RTX 3060 in a 16" Surface with 100W USB C charging because their keyboards are seriously rivalling ThinkPads.

Did you know ComputerBase mods are fascists?

PetraLegacy

Another thread de-railed by everyone's favorite fanbase (second only to Bronies 8)).
Listen peeps, This is a public service announcement. AMD chips are not available in your favorite device, because (1) they don't run as well as AMD advertised; (2) they only exist on paper. Move along.

S.Yu

Quote from: Veyron on April 09, 2021, 18:25:59
8GB of RAM is not a laptop, it's a toy.

Even a child would throw it at my face because he can barely run Chrome.
I've seen a guy here argue that even 4GB works but I'm with you, 16GB mininum, though I don't have a need for more either, so 16GB is just right.

protech

Quote from: PetraLegacy on April 10, 2021, 00:19:02
Another thread de-railed by everyone's favorite fanbase (second only to Bronies 8)).
Listen peeps, This is a public service announcement. AMD chips are not available in your favorite device, because (1) they don't run as well as AMD advertised; (2) they only exist on paper. Move along.

* hangs the "Do not feed the troll" sign to @PetraLegacy

protech

I'm really annoyed to see situations like these repeat still, in terms of nerfing AMD configurations - I'd really love for manufacturers to come clean and say either:

a) hey, AMD has issues, doesn't work with better screens or more RAM or in non-ugly cases, or doesn't have enough stock to put into our best products and satisfy demand

or

b) hey, Intel is paying us A LOT to nerf AMD-based products and that's how it is

This has been ridiculous for a while now - either it's 250 nit screen, or 2 ports less, or ugly color case (vs e.g. shiny magnesium one with Intel), or 8GB RAM, or shitty battery....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview