News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

NVIDIA silently resurrects the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Started by Redaktion, April 06, 2021, 10:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Introduced in early March 2017 with a price tag that read US$699 and discontinued in the meantime, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is now apparently being produced again. For now, it looks like older units that were sent for RMA are being replaced with brand-new ones, so we might see them on the free market as well.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-silently-resurrects-the-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti.531040.0.html

Dsko

Is this April fools joke? Or is this a trend of tech regression for some time to come?

Erik

Quote from: Dsko on April 06, 2021, 13:08:02
Is this April fools joke? Or is this a trend of tech regression for some time to come?
Well, it would be an improvement over the revived GTX 1050Ti.

RDavid

Quote from: Erik on April 06, 2021, 14:43:31
Quote from: Dsko on April 06, 2021, 13:08:02
Well, it would be an improvement over the revived GTX 1050Ti.

That's true, but the GTX 980 could also beat the 1050Ti. I'm thinking that's coming soon.

Smeagol

Quote from: no on April 06, 2021, 20:32:51
Not for $1200, I don't think so.

Would you take SLI GTX 980 for $1200? Bargain of the decade! We're off to a great start to the decade.

pierce

I don't believe this is very accurate.
There's no information about how EVGA puts serial numbers on their cards, but I suspect they don't just re-use them. I assume they reissue serial numbers to cards that came back, are refurbished, and sent to someone else.

I just had my 1080ti RMA'd and my serial number starts with "21" which indicates it was manufactured in 2021. However I don't really believe that.

QF

EVGA has 10-year extended graphic card warranty so it's not totally impossible that they have some 1080 Ti and parts stored for the paid service. With the shortage of new chips they have all the spare time to repair/refurbish previously returned items.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview