News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft compares apples to oranges in a new ad pitting the Surface Pro 7 against the iPad Pro 12.9

Started by Redaktion, April 06, 2021, 06:59:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft, in an all-out offensive, released a new commercial comparing the Surface Pro 7 to the iPad Pro. While the commercial makes some good points, it omits some key comparisons important to many consumers and overall ignores the categorical differences between the two devices.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-compares-apples-to-oranges-in-a-new-ad-pitting-the-Surface-Pro-7-against-the-iPad-Pro-12-9.531025.0.html

Tik

You do realize Apple has been comparing it's ipads to laptops for years? So Microsoft is now showing what that comparison actually looks like

mrfroid

I have no data if Apple ever compared iPad to Surface or laptops, but people are comparing these devices. I also been asked many times if I don't consider iPad when I wanted to upgrade my SP. As for "However, Microsoft omits some major points of comparison"... Can you name me any brand that does that? That uses advertising to show their weaknesses? :) I work in advertising so I could name a few, but these are very few :)

Shzl

I would just up-spec the Surface to get more than 2 cores since it's already inexpensive at $750. I'm honestly surprised the iPad Pro has 8 cores. Does it really need that many?

Mmick

These are waaay two different devices:

- the Surface Pro 7(+) is simply THE best hybrid and is 75% laptop, 25% tablet, you can really work and still play some games, read, web on the couch (though I have a Go 2 Core M which is much better for those as it is light)

- the iPad has a very high quality hardware but is...a tablet that allows a little bit work. And for that it costs way too much! Nevertheless multimedia apps and games are very good.

So it depends what you want. I think actually the SP7 doesn't worth it, the + version and the future SP8 have much better GPU and is fit for video editing and gaming, the SP7 is still weak;

Noss

Every reviewer ever for some reason compares the surface to the iPad. So not surprising that Microsoft is showing what it actually looks like.

Rajat Kumar Biswal

If someone will gift and give me to choose between Surface Pro 7 & iPad Pro, I will choose Surface Pro 7.

Wes

I'd disagree that the surface makes for a bad tablet. It runs emulators fantastic, or the higher end model I have with an I-7 and 16GB of RAM does which is roughly the same price as the iPad pro. Which always leads me to anything Apple. Why pay more (or in this case the roughly the same) for less. Full disclosure though I very much am an anti-apple person being a software developer.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview