News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PS3, PS Vita, and PSP owners will lose purchase access to a combined 2,200 digital-only games due to upcoming PlayStation Store closures

Started by Redaktion, April 03, 2021, 10:12:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to a new report, the upcoming PlayStation Store closures for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and PlayStation Portable will result in the removal from purchase of over 2,200 digital-only games. Ironically, some of these titles will become Xbox exclusives due to this contentious decision by Sony. Even worse, apparently some games will be permanently lost.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PS3-PS-Vita-and-PSP-owners-will-lose-purchase-access-to-a-combined-2-200-digital-only-games-due-to-upcoming-PlayStation-Store-closures.530793.0.html

The Truth

Don't be such a drama queen, most ps3 games are playable on the ps3 emulator already and the rest will be playable soon enough, so nothing will be lost forever. A little honesty goes a long way, why lie about permanently losing games when it's not even close to true, even the super rare games are super common when it comes to emulation.

kek

Quote from: The Truth on April 03, 2021, 20:20:25
Don't be such a drama queen, most ps3 games are playable on the ps3 emulator already and the rest will be playable soon enough, so nothing will be lost forever. A little honesty goes a long way, why lie about permanently losing games when it's not even close to true, even the super rare games are super common when it comes to emulation.

Go suck Sony's d*ck somewhere else, pal.

YUKI93

Quote from: The Truth on April 03, 2021, 20:20:25

Lol, you think everyone owns a high-end desktop or laptop? What a scum. People like you is why I'm still staying with Xbox.

Dice

Well, emulator guy has a point. You won't need a high end machine for the emulator a few years from now. My mid-range computer from 2008 could emulate PS2 pretty well, so I haven't taken my real PS2 out in a long time. For PS3 it's apparently harder, but still, we're getting there. As for PSP, I tried an emulator on my phone years ago and it worked fine. XD
It's just, some people turn their nose up at emulation and don't want to stoop down to the level of pirates, so for them, games may really be "lost".

That said, I wonder why Sony would forbid buying games on their old consoles. Like: "You want to buy from us?! I think not! D:<"
Doesn't make any sense to me.

Faris Hanafiah

Quote from: Dice on April 04, 2021, 11:19:24
My mid-range computer from 2008 could emulate PS2 pretty well...

Well that's a good joke (/s). At the moment, there is only one PS2 emulator in the shape of PCSX2 and it's far from light. Even my brother's laptop with Intel Core i5 Gen7 and AMD Radeon 520 GPU still couldn't hold it well.

Aaaayyyy

Redneck

this is why i stay  away from both Playstation AND ROACHBOX!!!  iam on PC and its a lot better i buy all the old games wirh STEAM!! dumb assed Roachbox idiot. the best thing about roachbox is a DEAD roachbox🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dice

Quote from: Faris Hanafiah on April 04, 2021, 20:08:32
Quote from: Dice on April 04, 2021, 11:19:24
My mid-range computer from 2008 could emulate PS2 pretty well...
Well that's a good joke (/s). At the moment, there is only one PS2 emulator in the shape of PCSX2 and it's far from light. Even my brother's laptop with Intel Core i5 Gen7 and AMD Radeon 520 GPU still couldn't hold it well.
Hm... Well, it's a desktop pc, so it obviously has some advantages over a laptop (like no overheating).
In FFXll I got some lag at times, but was able to play through the whole game without any real issues. On the other hand, I tried the Wii emulator and my computer was just barely too slow for it. D:
Dunno if there could be any compatibility issues with modern computers or Windows 10 that could cause PCSX2 (what a name...) to run worse, but it ran very well on my relatively weak pc.
Maybe it's also the higher resolutions that people have nowadays. My screen was like 1050p? or something and when it broke I got an old 720p screen because well... *no money*
So it might also depend on what people expect and if just being able to play the game is enough for them or they need to scale up to 1080p+ resolution and have perfect fps and filters and whatnot. The original console didn't have all of that though, so I wouldn't say that the emulation is bad if it can't provide these things.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview