News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Crazy Xperia 1 III camera specs and enormous price tag allegedly leaked as Sony announces upcoming 2021 Xperia Worldwide Launch event

Started by Redaktion, April 01, 2021, 12:35:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony has announced a 2021 Xperia Worldwide Launch event that will take place on April 14. It's possible the Xperia 1 III, Xperia 10 III, and the new Xperia Compact (Ace 2) will make an appearance. New Sony Xperia 1 III rumors have offered up a potential camera configuration, battery details, and an eye-watering price tag.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Crazy-Xperia-1-III-camera-specs-and-enormous-price-tag-allegedly-leaked-as-Sony-announces-upcoming-2021-Xperia-Worldwide-Launch-event.530510.0.html

Faris Hanafiah

64MP sensor for the main camera? I wonder if it would be the native RGB type or the Quad Bayer type. But 65W charging rate? Hmmm... considering how Sony really loves to take care of the battery, I doubt if they use it.

LOL

Don't worry about the price... the prices of flagship Android phones drop like a rock after a few months. By then another brand of flagship phone or Xperia 5 iii would have distracted you.

Sony knows it won't be able to sell a lot of phones, and its low-mid range phones are just not competitively priced against midrange Chinese phones. So the only option left is to milk every penny from the few remaining Xperia fans.

The Saint

I can't wait for the xperia 1III as it seems to be great spec wise. I got the Xperia 1II and it has been one of the best phones I've owned( i usually buy 2-5 top spec phones yearly).  The Xperia has probably the best build quality I've encountered in at least 5 years. A plus is that it is Made in Japan and not in China

Nicco

Quote from: LOL on April 01, 2021, 18:36:34
Don't worry about the price... the prices of flagship Android phones drop like a rock after a few months. By then another brand of flagship phone or Xperia 5 iii would have distracted you.

Sony knows it won't be able to sell a lot of phones, and its low-mid range phones are just not competitively priced against midrange Chinese phones. So the only option left is to milk every penny from the few remaining Xperia fans.

You really don't know what you are talking about. What a non-sense, hateful, ignorant comment.  I wonder if you are a disgruntled former Sony employee.  You better stick to your Chinese mid-range phone and let others buy whatever they want. We should celebrate new launches and not ridicule or say things just because you have a mouth.

Dora Newton

"The price tag is certainly no joke, at a rumored 8,999 yuan (US$1,369/£994/€1,166) – and that's just the price for China without all those pesky international taxes, transit costs, etc. that will be added to the bill for Xperia fans in other countries."

Daniel, this is not how pricing works.  The "rumored" $1369 price would be a sticker retail price in China, not an export/wholesale price. A phone (like the iPhone 12 Pro Max or any other product, including the upcoming Xperia 1 III) may be made in China (or anywhere else), but this doesn't mean that it will retail for more somewhere else in the world because you still need to add " pesky international taxes, transit costs, etc.".  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me that the retail price in China would be higher than the retail price in many other countries (this is why Chinese tourists go on a shopping spree buying brand goods that were made in China when they are overseas).  These devices contain components made in other countries - for example, Qualcomm chipsets may be manufactured in Korea, the LCD screens may come from Japan, etc. These components enter China in a special regime without paying import taxes and the final assembled goods must "leave" the country unless they will be officially imported into China: there is no double tax. The pricing in other countries (and in China too) has to do mostly with marketing strategies. Also, consider that some countries like China and Brazil include the sales tax in their retail price. The takeaway is that the final price in each market is a guess now. - Dora

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview