News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

XMG readies Ultra 17 laptops with desktop-grade Rocket Lake CPUs and max TGP RTX 3000 mobile dGPUs

Started by Redaktion, March 31, 2021, 16:46:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 2021 Ultra 17 models from XMG pack up to an i9-11900K 8-core / 16-thread CPU, which can be coupled with up to 128 GB of DDR4-3200 RAM and 32 TB NVMe SSD storage. Users can choose among max TGP versions for the RTX 3060 / 3070 / 3080 mobile dGPUs that take full advantage of 16 PCIe 4.0 lanes. Screen options include 300 Hz FHD and 60 Hz 4K IPS panels and among the ports we find 2x Thunderbolt 4 connectors plus an HDMI 2.1 video output.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/XMG-readies-Ultra-17-laptops-with-desktop-grade-Rocket-Lake-CPUs-and-max-TGP-RTX-3000-mobile-dGPUs.530270.0.html

JN-

Worth to mention that the new 17" Ultra disables the Intel iGpu. Pity because it comes with extra hevc 422 10 bit encode/decoding.

Of course this is common enough with a lot of high end laptops.

Acelil

Quote from: JN- on March 31, 2021, 18:39:58
Worth to mention that the new 17" Ultra disables the Intel iGpu. Pity because it comes with extra hevc 422 10 bit encode/decoding.

Of course this is common enough with a lot of high end laptops.

You mean they have a mux switch? That's a big plus

JN-

I queried this with an XMG representative today, they told me the iGpu is disabled. I'm sure they would have said it if it has a Mux switch.

Bogdan Solca

Quote from: JN- on March 31, 2021, 21:49:26
I queried this with an XMG representative today, they told me the iGpu is disabled. I'm sure they would have said it if it has a Mux switch.
Already mentioned in the article that there is no Mux switch. My XMG contacts confirmed this.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview