News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Unreality bites: Intel Core i9-11900K looks practically obsolete in Unreal Engine comparison with Ryzen 7 5800X and i9-10900K

Started by Redaktion, March 31, 2021, 12:13:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Intel Core i9-11900K has been tested alongside an Intel Core i9-10900K and an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X in a barrage of Unreal Engine benchmarks. The Comet Lake part and Zen 3 chip performed well in the game engine tests, but the Rocket Lake i9-11900K simply appeared to be on the verge of obsolescence here.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Unreality-bites-Intel-Core-i9-11900K-looks-practically-obsolete-in-Unreal-Engine-comparison-with-Ryzen-7-5800X-and-i9-10900K.530371.0.html

JayN

They didn't enable Thermal Velocity Boost and they used z490 instead of z590 motherboards, so....

Medallish

Pretty much exactly as expected, Intel was clearly banking on pushing for a max of 8 cores for a decade, just like they did with quad cores. But 14nm & Rocket Lake, just ain't doing it for them. Good news, gives AMD more time to catch up and grow, so we have two companies that can't just strangle the other.

shawn

Heh. Anyone defending Intel for the last 2 years is a fool. Intel has screwed consumers for at least 5 years, selling overpriced CPUs because they could, having a monopoly. If you still defend Intel, it shows little you know about the corporate culture and the competitive stifling they have done to make it rich, even up to a year ago, trying its best to keep AMD out of the game.

The point here is TSM has produced chips that are technologically superior at a better price point, everyone should punish intel, by NOT buying their inferior product.

The Vogon

_MT_

Quote from: The Vogon on March 31, 2021, 23:39:02
Still faster than anything from AMD in most actual game benchmarks though.
There is a big difference between building a game and playing a game. This benchmark is not a gaming benchmark. It doesn't test gameplay. It tests building a game which uses Unreal Engine.

_MT_

Quote from: shawn on March 31, 2021, 20:22:34
everyone should punish intel, by NOT buying their inferior product.
If only there was stock, right. I don't recall the last time I saw 5900X or 5950X in stock. And looking at historical data, it's clear that what little was actually shipped in my necked of the woods, was far above MSRP (average prices were up +30-40 %).

Astar

Yet the Dumb-tards persist in buying overpriced 8-core Intels for their single core performance. Its precisely because of stupid consumers that companies like Intel can still survive.

Astar

Quote from: The Vogon on March 31, 2021, 23:39:02
Still faster than anything from AMD in most actual game benchmarks though.

Only in your stupid nightmares. Nowhere is that valid. Real life gaming test results confirm AMD is way way ahead too. All pro work loads confirm it. All data center workloads too.

Why don't fools like you shut up instead of spreading lies!?!?

ariliquin

So buy Intel for maybe slightly better single core performance, much worse multi core performance, much worse power consumption performance or buy AMD. Why the die hard Intel fans still keep acting like is 2018 is beyond me. Do I need multicore everyday, maybe not, but its nice to know that when a program can use it, it will be twice as fast as the Intel and that the AMD is just fine for single core too. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview