News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei MateBook X Pro 2021 Review: A Great Laptop You Probably Can't Buy

Started by Redaktion, March 29, 2021, 02:44:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The MateBook X Pro is still one of the sharpest-looking Ultrabooks you can buy despite its years-old visual design. However, a few aspects haven't aged well at all for Huawei's flagship model.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-MateBook-X-Pro-2021-Review-A-Great-Laptop-You-Probably-Can-t-Buy.529378.0.html

fs

Has anyone in the US successfully imported a newer Huawei laptop from another country?  Will it get stopped in customs because it's a Huawei device?

Dan Robinson

Really -- if they don't change that really dumb camera placement they're going to be losing sales well into the future.   Huawei could take a lap on the competition, put the camera up on the lid where it belongs AND go to 1080P....but they won't.

kek

Quote from: fs on March 29, 2021, 04:39:02
Has anyone in the US successfully imported a newer Huawei laptop from another country?  Will it get stopped in customs because it's a Huawei device?

No one in NA will bother importing this device. There's no support or replacements parts for it anywhere.

Bsbox

"Application performance 92/85 -> 100%"

Pretty sure this is an error, and I'm wondering if it brings down the overall rating of the laptop

ZODD

Really NBC this gets a "laptop award" for a over priced laptop that has a CPU that performs worse than other laptops with the same CPU and not easily available ?
Your not even trying to hide it anymore.

vra

Isn't the touchpad not mechanical anymore? It should be with haptic feedback and probably the feedback is configurable. Like how you didn't notice that? It's the best selling point of this laptop.

ad

Quote from: Dan Robinson on March 29, 2021, 05:29:17
Really -- if they don't change that really dumb camera placement they're going to be losing sales well into the future.   Huawei could take a lap on the competition, put the camera up on the lid where it belongs AND go to 1080P....but they won't.

I really don't get this point. Who uses the integrated webcam of a laptop? I'd rather have the thinner bezel. Even in the middle of a pandemic, if you're teleworking you can probably invest in a proper setup: 27 inch monitor, wireless mouse, proper headset a 4k webcam with flash... . I really doubt anyone who can invest 1500 on a laptop will telework with ONLY the laptop.

And the webcam angle is really not bad at all. I've used it hundreds of times and nobody has ever told me anything about it. Really the only difference is that instead of having your eyes facing down when you're looking at the screen, you will have them face up

Jim Huang

Any comments on the Thermal design? Is it better than the 2020 model? I know it's different, but is it better?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview