News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GE76 Raider 10UH Laptop Review: A GeForce RTX 3080 PC You Can Actually Buy

Started by Redaktion, March 26, 2021, 18:27:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After two years with the same GE75 design, MSI is ready to move forward with a full frontal redesign of the series. The result is a system that is heavier than its predecessor but for all the right reasons.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE76-Raider-10UH-Laptop-Review-A-GeForce-RTX-3080-PC-You-Can-Actually-Buy.528875.0.html

dude what

Got this baby 1 month ago and it's a beast. There's a 4k screen option (with i9 cpu), not sure why the review reports something else. No Gsync but you'll be hard pressed to notice any tearing with this fabulous 300Hz screen

Kiryu Chan

Top class gpu laptops are such a terrible value, no different here with a 40% lower TSG score than the desktop 3080 but with the same name on it as per ngreedia thievery. So 3k$ for half the synthetic graphics performance than an msrp $699 desktop gpu? Oof, fools grow on trees for sure. It will surely do 4k and to not have at least a 2k screen standard minimum is ridiculous. I doubt there's any noticeable difference past 144hz, just a marketing band aid for not including higher resolution standard.

Anon456

QuoteIntel Core i7-10870H 8 x 2.2 - 5 GHz, 200 W PL2 / Short Burst, 95 W PL1 / Sustained, Comet Lake-H

Laughable at best. So much inefficiency just by looking at PL2/PL1 in respect to CPU performance.
Intel must be offering really good incentives to vendors.

LL

danwat1234

Why is MSI not criticized for not having a 11th gen 10nm Intel inside? 10th gen is a con.

Interesting the review says power draw of the system peaks at 260 Watts yet further down it says under extreme loads that battery may drain slightly. Which indicates, that the system is unwilling to fully utilize the 280 Watt power rating of the power supply?

dude what

Quote from: danwat1234 on March 28, 2021, 20:05:43
Why is MSI not criticized for not having a 11th gen 10nm Intel inside? 10th gen is a con.

11th gen wasn't available when this laptop came out early this year, there were only low power versions.

Sonic Destiny

I actualy bought top model of this with 10980hk, 64 gb ram, 2tb ssd, 4K 120 hz display and 3080. It is not available to buy almost anywhere. It seems like there are only few units for sell in the world.

wayne686

How is the response time of the screen 20ms by 300hz? When the same panel on asus has 5ms?

Was it measured with optimus?

I have the same screen and it doesn't feel like 20ms; playing a lot of Valorant

dude what

Quote from: wayne686 on March 31, 2021, 02:35:38
How is the response time of the screen 20ms by 300hz? When the same panel on asus has 5ms?

Was it measured with optimus?

I have the same screen and it doesn't feel like 20ms; playing a lot of Valorant

It's absolute nonsense and they very much likely measured it with Optimus since I can guarantee it's not like that with the Nvidia gpu...
Actually the pro and cons are full of nonsensical stuff, complaining about large AC adapter for a notebook with this hardware is ridiculous, DPC latency issues MIGHT be real with the integrated gpu, certainly not using with the Nvidia one; complaining about no USB C charge is ridiculous as well, it's not a standard feature and shouldn't be expected, idem for fingerprint reader; as previously stated, there is a 4K screen option but the reviewer didn't even care to rectify his mistake and the device is 290 grams heavier than the GE75, which is borderline unnoticeable and still incredibly light for the hardware and the cooling system on board.
If you really read carefully, there's basically not a single con that is legit from their list, yet they really put some effort to make it look as long as the pros. Compared to other reviews, it really makes you wonder...

Ray van der Heij

I'm puzzled why we in Europe (Holland to be exact) DO get the GE76 with an i9 and UHD screen and you guys don't.
I myself have the GE76 with the i9-10980HK CPU and a 120Hz UHD screen. As far as I know it's the *ONLY* laptop with a 120Hz UHD screen out there, there is no competition.
Also the price is considerably lower than what you mention, it is not 5600+ euro's but a 'mere' 3999,-.

msiGe76RaiderMan

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview