News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A dead CMOS battery could cripple the Sony PlayStation 4 in a few years

Started by Redaktion, March 25, 2021, 20:55:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The PlayStation 4 could inevitably become unusable in a few years, unless you fancy cracking it open and tinkering with it. Apparently, the console requires a working CMOS battery to play games, regardless of whether you purchased them physically or digitally. Replacing the battery is only possible for as long as the PlayStation Network supports the PS4, too.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-dead-CMOS-battery-could-cripple-the-Sony-PlayStation-4-in-a-few-years.529381.0.html

Trevor56

This is a really bad design by sony.

Planned product obsolescence so that users purchase their new consoles.

There should be a lawsuit.

vertigo

Not a surprise. I refuse to buy another PlayStation after the issue I had with my PS3, where I lost all my gaming progress when it died (ok, technically I broke it trying to repair their crappy thermal paste job since it sounded like a vacuum cleaner trying to keep itself cool) and I bought a new one, only to find that swapping the hard drive from the old one into the new one didn't work, since they locked them to the console. F*** Sony.

Naughty Sony

Obviously done on purpose enforcing a set life for the console.

Sony... You bastards.

How is it legal?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview