News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG Electronics may be shuttering its mobile division entirely

Started by Redaktion, March 23, 2021, 00:29:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

LG Electronics may abandon its smartphone business, according to a new report. Apparently, negotiations with prospective partners have failed, leaving LG with the option of closing its smartphone business instead.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-Electronics-may-be-shuttering-its-mobile-division-entirely.528837.0.html

xpclient

Clueless quitters.

And don't get me wrong. I think only now they are clueless. They produced some gems with the G-series and V-series and were going toe-to-toe with Samsung Galaxy S series at that time.

I have an LG G Pro 2 - still working but simply obsolete. Is an awesome phone, was amazing for its time. LG fooled around with an already successful formula and re-invented themselves into oblivion.

I wish they would not give up but only shake up things massively, revisit all their decisions. Instead they are giving up. Because they have no idea.

kalt

I don't understand the hatred LG gets from mobile pundits. At the very least they have produced some reasonably innovative products (G5 anyone?), and they tended to provide some cool features that consistently set them apart from the bulk of - largely identical - manufacturers, e.g. their quad DACs; LGs were always the best sounding smartphones for wired audiophiles, bar none.

Will they be missed? dunno, but I don't get the bad rap.

mixedfish

Amateur company. They need to drop all models and focus on a single flagship with good support and a good price. Focus on profitability, not volume. That way it is a sustainable business and they retain market share and investment opportunities.

Can't believe people get paid thousands to not even understand this basic.

YUKI93

From my point of view, LG needs to ramp up their marketing and sell their phones to more countries. LG has proved that they can build an affordable flagship-grade smartphone with numerous super useful feature as with the case of the V60, but the official region availability of the V60 is a real letdown.

YUKI93

Quote from: kalt on March 23, 2021, 14:33:07
I don't understand the hatred LG gets from mobile pundits. At the very least they have produced some reasonably innovative products (G5 anyone?), and they tended to provide some cool features that consistently set them apart from the bulk of - largely identical - manufacturers, e.g. their quad DACs; LGs were always the best sounding smartphones for wired audiophiles, bar none.

Will they be missed? dunno, but I don't get the bad rap.

I definitely agree with you about LG's Quad DAC. It was because of it that I'm no longer using any wireless audio peripherals. Once I use LG's Quad DAC, every wireless headphone out there never sounds as great as it. One more feature I love about LG's flagship of today is the optional DualScreen case. Most people dissed it as a useless gimmick, but indie YouTubers like Juan Bagnell really shows how much you can do with it. That is single-handedly THE MOST super useful accessory I have been using on a phone for ages!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview