News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2021 HP Envy x360 15 sports a larger trackpad and offers both AMD Ryzen 5000-U Cezanne and Intel 11th gen Tiger Lake options

Started by Redaktion, March 22, 2021, 13:04:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP, today, introduced upgrades to its Envy x360 15 lineup. The 2021 HP Envy x360 now comes in AMD Ryzen 5000-U Cezanne and Intel 11th gen Core i5/Core i7 Tiger Lake offerings. The new Envy x360 models offer a few chassis design changes and also come with the option of a 4K OLED panel with 100% DCI-P3 coverage.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2021-HP-Envy-x360-15-sports-a-larger-trackpad-and-offers-both-AMD-Ryzen-5000-U-Cezanne-and-Intel-11th-gen-Tiger-Lake-options.528754.0.html

Wang Can

HP really knows how to disappoint people. To know a brand can beat the crap out of lenovo dell or even apple but still don't use its full strength. All this laptop need is a 70wh+ battery and a better speaker.

Dorby

Quote from: Wang Can on March 22, 2021, 14:14:26
HP really knows how to disappoint people. To know a brand can beat the crap out of lenovo dell or even apple but still don't use its full strength. All this laptop need is a 70wh+ battery and a better speaker.
That's what the Spectre x360 15 is for - H-CPU, dGPU, big battery, better speakers, better keyboard, etc.
Big brands won't risk using Ryzen chips on their premium lineup until AMD figures out Thunderbolt, Supply, and Professional Driver issues.

I agree that non-Apple OEMs won't put together all the best features that checks all the boxes into a single laptop. They do this intentionally because they think making the "Perfect" laptop will butcher their multiple existing premium lineups. With HP, that's Envy, Spectre, ProBook, EliteBook, and ZBook, 5 massive sources of their profit.

Of course, that wouldn't be the case because such a laptop will have to be priced much higher than current premium laptops. But then OEMs become concerned with lower demand due to much less attractive value proposition. And they're partially right, not everyone wants the "Perfect" laptop for 3x the money, when you can buy a cheapest one with identical specs for 1/3 of the price.

So there you go, why nobody's making our dream laptop. And it's not because they're not capable of engineering or imagining such a device.

Oh and if you're looking for a 15" convertible with long battery life and decent speakers, ZenBook Flip 15 with FHD screen and 90Wh battery is your best and only option right now.

kek

GeneraISoybeans

As with their Envy 15 creator series, HP is probably using a small 50Wh battery and speakers on the bottom of the laptop, while the laptop has fucking speaker grilles on the keyboard deck, but that's for "aesthetics."
I'm done with HP. I'm switching to either Dell or Apple. This laptop had the potential to be very good, but with their 250nit 60% sRGB garbage display (I don't want an OLED bc of PWM and burn-in. I bought a spectre x360 14 oled, only to return the next day bc of horrible PWM levels) and fake speaker grilles, I'm giving up on HP.

Dorby

Quote from: GeneraISoybeans on March 22, 2021, 16:04:43
As with their Envy 15 creator series, HP is probably using a small 50Wh battery and speakers on the bottom of the laptop, while the laptop has fucking speaker grilles on the keyboard deck, but that's for "aesthetics."
I'm done with HP. I'm switching to either Dell or Apple. This laptop had the potential to be very good, but with their 250nit 60% sRGB garbage display (I don't want an OLED bc of PWM and burn-in. I bought a spectre x360 14 oled, only to return the next day bc of horrible PWM levels) and fake speaker grilles, I'm giving up on HP.
HP always has 400 nit, 70% ARGB IPS display option available for all their lineups. Envy x360 gets that configuration as well.
Those "fake speaker grills" around the keyboard are cooling vents.

kalt

Excuse me, ain't nobody going to comment on the non-user accessible 8 Gb of RAM?

250 nits screen? arghhhh but ok, I'll cope.
16:9 instead of 16:10 or lower? RRRRRWHY.., but ok, whatever for a 15-incher.
Small battery? NNNNnngghhh, fine, for the price, fine.
But 8 Gb of RAM is simply unacceptable!

Doitjust4fun

8GB of RAM in this price point is stupid. Like many of you, I've been forced back to Dell due to one huge issue: Memory Upgradeability.  I had been using Lenovo Ideapad 5s due to USB-C power capabilities but now, even they have gone to all on-board RAM and no slot.  I bought a few Envy's last year and they were great machines though.  I guess I'll pass on these unless they release 12GB or 16GB AMD variants.

GeneraISoybeans

Quote from: Dorby on March 22, 2021, 16:12:39
Quote from: GeneraISoybeans on March 22, 2021, 16:04:43
HP always has 400 nit, 70% ARGB IPS display option available for all their lineups. Envy x360 gets that configuration as well.
Those "fake speaker grills" around the keyboard are cooling vents.
What about 16:9 and having non-accessible upgrade options? Plus, those "cooling vents" are useless when there are clearly real cooling vents underneath the fans. You might say that "what about when the laptop is on your lap or bed?" Well, for me at least, I don't use the laptop on my lap, and when it's on my bed, I'm usually watching a movie or video of some sorts, and cooling is not necessary. I would rather have much better upward-facing speakers than "cooling vents" wasting space on my keyboard deck. oh well, it's not like HP's the only laptop manufacturer. That's the good thing about competition. If one company lets you down, you can also turn to another.

Jesse

Don't care about Thunderbolt.  90% of users will never use it either.

But I do care about crap screens that only have 250 nits or only do 45% of sRGB.   Come on guys, up your game.   If you want to be thought of as a premium laptop builder, put good screens in ALL of your laptops.  Like Apple does.

Also, available 'from April', what the heck does that mean?  From April first?  It kind of sounds like an April Fool's joke.

Dan EE

Last years 15-ee000 models also stated the memory was "not user accessible" however those models have two slots and could take up 32GB of 3200 DDR4. This is most likely the case with the 15-eu000 models also. They can be ordered at the USA store with either 8GB in a 2x4 config or 16GB in a 2x8 config which also leads me to believe there are two slots. Not a certainty until the service manuals are released.

Brian S

Just confirm, you can indeed upgrade the RAM on this model. Just picked one up brand new from BestBuy and the first thing I did was pop the bottom cover off.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview