News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel's new Adaptive Boost technology will allow the Rocket Lake S Core i9-11900K and 11900KF to hit 5.1 GHz on all eight cores

Started by Redaktion, March 19, 2021, 13:36:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel recently unveiled yet another boost technology set to debut exclusively on its top-tier Rocket Lake S i9-11900K CPU. Adaptive Boost will allow the processor to hit up to 5.1 GHz on all cores, assuming cooling is up to snuff and temperatures are below 70 degrees C.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-s-new-Adaptive-Boost-technology-will-allow-the-Rocket-Lake-S-Core-i9-11900K-and-11900KF-to-hit-5-1-GHz-on-all-eight-cores.528430.0.html

Anon456

Instead of designing them more efficient, Intel is pushing the raw power to the limits just to squeeze a bit more performance. That's so lame and uninspiring. They really need to brush off the brains they have or find new brains, and revamp the engineering, marketing teams.

_MT_

Quote from: Anon456 on March 20, 2021, 00:37:17
Instead of designing them more efficient, Intel is pushing the raw power to the limits just to squeeze a bit more performance. That's so lame and uninspiring. They really need to brush off the brains they have or find new brains, and revamp the engineering, marketing teams.
For one, processor design takes a lot of time. What they start today will be on the market years down the line (I expect something like five years and at least three). And their real problem is manufacturing. It's really tough if you design a processor for a planned superior manufacturing process and then you have to make do with an inferior process because the manufacturing team couldn't deliver.

I don't expect Intel to abandon these high frequencies unless they come up with a radically different design that can't reach them.

Anonymousgg

They needed to do something like this, because otherwise there is not much difference between the i7-11700K and i9-11900K. They create a 10% gap with clock speeds, assuming you have a good cooler and don't care about power consumption. That's enough to beat Zen 3, barely. It's good for the CPU market.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview