News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The NVIDIA CMP 30HX is a re-branded GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER aimed at crypto miners that sells for US$815

Started by Redaktion, March 18, 2021, 19:51:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A retailer has started selling the CMP 30HX, NVIDIA's least powerful crypto mining card. Inadvertently, the retailer has confirmed that the CMP 30HX is nothing more than a GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER with the display connections removed. However, the CMP 30HX costs US$815.40, about US$300 more than the GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER sells for online.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-NVIDIA-CMP-30HX-is-a-re-branded-GeForce-GTX-1660-SUPER-aimed-at-crypto-miners-that-sells-for-US-815.528362.0.html

_MT_

You call yourself a journalist? How about looking up what a 1660 Super costs from the same source. Because, you know, things can be ridiculously expensive in some parts of the world. If you don't know, you should check. The cheapest 1660S they sell is for $615 and the most expensive (ROG) is almost a grand. Yes, a thousand of US dollars, not some monopoly money. For 1660 Super. You're not very good at this job, let me tell you.

David Green

NVIDIA and others have billions tied up in manufacturing capacity that they cannot fully utilise. These are fixed costs. In order to stay afloat some manufacturers have to increase prices and I suspect that 150-200% (for RTX 3xxx cards) barely covers it. So before making any criticism I think a detailed examination of the accounts would be in order. Retailers are in a similar position to a lesser extent but their sales are still down.  I notice that reputable retailers limit to one per customer.
And NO I don't think NVIDIA should be allowed to buy ARM either. It should never have been sold out of the UK in the first place.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview