News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Teclast M40 hands-on: Powerful hardware for the price, but with a few problems and apparently stuck on Android 10

Started by Redaktion, March 18, 2021, 18:19:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With a design that make it look like a black P20HD, the Teclast M40 is a superior tablet in terms of performance. However, the more powerful processor, 2 GB of additional memory and twice the amount of storage when compared to the P20HD do not make the M40 cost double. Overall, this is a 10-inch slate worth checking out.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Teclast-M40-hands-on-Powerful-hardware-for-the-price-but-with-a-few-problems-and-apparently-stuck-on-Android-10.528161.0.html

kek

Paying that much money for this "Literally who?" tablet is nonsense.

Better save some more and get a Galaxy Tab.

Sam Medley

Looks like an interesting product. It may be a hard sell, though. I'd imagine you can find a used iPad or Galaxy Tab from 2018 or 2019 for around the same price and have a much better experience. But, for a new device, it's well-priced for the package.

Sharpoty

Ho questo Tablet Teclast M40 da qualche tempo. Questo Tablet ha seri problemi con il microfono che in pratica lo rende inutilizzabile per Skype, Zoom e altre videocalling.

Douglas

Just to let you know, the Teclast X6 Pro, 2in1 tablet has the same problem. The front camera doesn't work. I fixed the problem by purchasing an external webcam for £8 online.   :)

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: kek on March 18, 2021, 19:58:09
Paying that much money for this "Literally who?" tablet is nonsense.

Better save some more and get a Galaxy Tab.
Teclast has been around for a while. However, I must agree with Sam. For roughly 200 bucks, one can find much better options in the second-hand side of the market.
@Douglas: Quite interesting. Probably some defective batches that got through QA...
@Sharpoty: Interesting. I guess QA let some defective stuff through. I am sure it's not a design issue. It cannot be.

Bang for the buck

Samsung gives you 3 GB RAM and 64 GB storage for $230 (A7 SM-T500).
Teclast gives you 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage for $160 (current Banggood price).
Go figure.  ;)

Codrut Nistor

@Bang for the buck: Agree with you, but if you put them side to side and consider the display quality AND the software support, Samsung might get a few points back... P.S. I hope I made it clear in the past that I am anything but a Samsung or Apple fan, but I also try to be as impartial as possible.

Harlequin

For tablets and phones, buying less-well-known new vs popular brand second-hand: one parameter to take into account is the battery. A two-year-old battery is likely to need replacing soon, and needs to be costed in. I buy equipment new, or second-hand with user-replaceable battery. I charge only to 80% unless I really need full charge, and battery lifetime is a lot longer before it wears out. HTH

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview