News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GeForce RTX 3060 laptops vs. GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q: The cheaper option comes out on top in quite a few games

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2021, 20:44:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We've already expressed our disappointment on the mobile GeForce RTX 30 series when compared to its desktop counterparts, but how does it fare against last year's mobile GeForce RTX 20 series? The data looks promising for mobile Ampere at least for the moment.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GeForce-RTX-3060-laptops-vs-GeForce-RTX-2080-Max-Q-The-cheaper-option-comes-out-on-top-in-quite-a-few-games.527858.0.html

RB15 User

Most laptops just need a lil bit of tuning, especially the thin and lights. I get 86 fps in Shadow of the Tomb Raider @ 1080p Highest settings from my non-super 2070MQ/i7-8750H laptop and here that's the framerate for a 2080MQ/3060.

Dinjarin

I'm still wondering why mobile vs desktop GPU performance is surprising after all these years. How is that even something worth talking about?

Dinjarin

"We've already expressed our disappointment on the mobile GeForce RTX 30 series when compared to its desktop counterparts"

xpclient

Is the NVENC performance also similar? Notebookcheck never tests video encoding quality and speed with the GPUs. It's as if they want to pretend that the video market is negligibly small, even though lots of video professionals and streamers use NVENC now-a-days.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview