News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

OLED is finally as affordable as IPS, Asus ZenBook 13 with OLED and 11th gen Core i7 now shipping for just $899 USD

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2021, 19:03:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Who needs IPS when OLED costs about the same? The Asus ZenBook 13 UX325EA is now one of the cheapest Ultrabooks in the market with OLED options for superior image quality and colors than its IPS or QLED peers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/OLED-is-finally-as-affordable-as-IPS-Asus-ZenBook-13-with-OLED-and-11th-gen-Core-i7-now-shipping-for-just-899-USD.527995.0.html

Hanzzz

PolCPP

Quote from: Hanzzz on March 16, 2021, 19:18:37
Why would anybody buy OLED laptop if after 2 years due to burn in it will be useless?

Actually, i have a 13 inch alienware 13r3 from....2017 was it? And the screen is still fine.

Hanzzz

Jesse

Ah ha ha ha, finally some truth in advertising.
glare screen   LOL.

Also, oh joy Asus, will you really let me add 8 gig of ram for only 200 bucks?

Dorby

Just a heads up warning: Since last year, most ZenBook 13 models have removed the 3.5mm audio jack, including this one.

danwat1234

Quote from: Hanzzz on March 16, 2021, 19:18:37
Why would anybody buy OLED laptop if after 2 years due to burn in it will be useless?
I have a Motorola Z2 Force phone with an OLED screen, no screen burning despite having screen on constantly for work day to day.

Dquilon

I wouldn't get an OLED laptop... In phones that I replace every 3 or 4 years sure, but a laptop that might last me 10, no way.
I rather get less contrast than burn-ins

anan

I remember reading several years ago that the OLED burn in problem is supposedly solved. This was when the first laptops with OLED screens started appearing. Reviewers intentionally tried to simulate burn in by leaving a static image for a long period of time. Supposedly that did not lead to burn in. TVs with OLED screens also advertise as having solved the burn in problem. Most of the problems on OLED screens that I've read of revolve around them tinting in one color (green for exemple). I have a tablet with an OLED screen and the eye shearing over-saturated colors do look very good. Even some reviewers started liking/recommending OLED screens over those pantone calibrated super accurate panels.
I would certainly buy an oled option if given the choice at the same price.
But one needs to be aware that OLED uses a lot more power depending on image color. That is one reason on why night mode became so popular on phones.

Andreasjfjsoe

1080p.. who is this even for? If not for the new Mac processor, you will buy a Mac for it's superior screen. Always been a pc user but this is just painful.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview