News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel officially unveils 11th gen Rocket Lake-S family led by the US$539 Core i9-11900K

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2021, 17:44:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel has unveiled the 11th generation Rocket Lake-S family today with a focus on improved IPC, better overclocking and AI. The Rocket Lake-S lineup is based on the Cypress Cove architecture and is comprised of a total of 19 SKUs led by the Core i9-11900K. While the Core i9, Core i7, and Core i5 families form the 11th gen lineup, Intel has segregated the Core i3 and Pentium processors to a Refreshed 10th generation based on Comet Lake.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-officially-unveils-11th-gen-Rocket-Lake-S-family-led-by-the-US-539-Core-i9-11900K.527951.0.html

Cracker Jack

Kind of confused by this:

"The Core i5-11600 series also offers all the above variants whereas the Core i5-11400 comes in only non-K and T SKUs. The Core i5-11400, on the other hand, comes in non-K, F, and T versions."

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Cracker Jack on March 17, 2021, 00:57:27
Kind of confused by this:

"The Core i5-11600 series also offers all the above variants whereas the Core i5-11400 comes in only non-K and T SKUs. The Core i5-11400, on the other hand, comes in non-K, F, and T versions."

The thing is the Core i5-11600 is available in all variants except for non-K, which means it has 4 SKUs (I've edited the sentence to reflect that). It's a bit confusing so one looks like one has to keep the SKU table handy at all times :)

xpclient

The I/O improvements are impressive in this generation and something AMD can no longer afford to ignore for future (Ry)zen architectures. By now we should have gotten USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 (20 Gbps) for Type-A ports and USB 4/Thunderbolt 4 for Type-C ports on AMD. AMD just ignored external I/O. Thunderbolt enables eGPUs, 10GbE networking, very fast external SSDs or internal M.2 NVMe SSDs connected via external enclosures at faster speeds than current 10 Gbps bridge chips.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview