News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi wins court injunction again US investment ban

Started by Redaktion, March 15, 2021, 19:57:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A US court has averted the threat of Xiaomi being frozen out of future US investment. A final verdict on the case is yet to be delivered, but the judge has already hinted at a complete withdrawal of the US ban. Xiaomi insists that it has no ties to the Chinese military.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-wins-court-injunction-again-US-investment-ban.527818.0.html

wtf

Im a lot less concerned about the Chinese spying on me, than I am with US and EU spy agencies spying on me. One is on the other side of the world and in a country ill never visit, the other is in my backyard

thinkmore

Quote from: wtf on March 15, 2021, 20:55:00
Im a lot less concerned about the Chinese spying on me, than I am with US and EU spy agencies spying on me. One is on the other side of the world and in a country ill never visit, the other is in my backyard

To that I'll just add: "...or what do I care about some weird virus spreading in china. It's on the other side of the world."

Don't be so shortsighted, globalization is a thing you know.

Wereweeb

Wow, today it only took an hour before a "plandemic" conspiracy theorist implied that the existence of the virus has something to do with the chinese government. Record time, folks.

And yea, when is Intel receiving the Huawei treatment for including a remotely accessible micro CPU that can access and control your entire system in all of their processors?

StoSpit88

Yo, check out that letter guys. 8)
Addressed to the "Dear Mi fans" = and to be more specific,
Fellow 3rd worlders, cheapasses, and poor people from all walks of life.
China. Do away with the condescending, at least. A little self-awareness can go a loooong way.

MarkC

Good for Xiaomi. The US has gone overboard with these so called bans on Huawei and Xiaomi. The US offered no proof and showed no evidence that any of the current Huawei smartphones were spy tools for the Chinese Government. The US also spies on its own users in the US or Snowden would not still be on the run now (NSA). What the US is accusing others of is what they also do themselves in the US.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview