News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel appears to artificially segment its new Rocket Lake desktop CPU lineup by limiting the memory controllers on non-i9K(F) SKUs

Started by Redaktion, March 11, 2021, 21:42:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A reddit post explains why the Anandtech i7-11700K review may have presented poor results in most gaming and synthetic benchmarks. This could be due to Intel misleadingly advertising inferior stock settings for the RAM controllers on all SKUs below the i9-11900K(F).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-appears-to-artificially-segment-its-new-Rocket-Lake-desktop-CPU-lineup-by-limiting-the-memory-controllers-on-non-i9K-F-SKUs.527238.0.html

Polyspecific

Nothing new.  "Intel continues to..." would be a more accurate headline. Intel's new slogan should be "Losing marketshare by the day, but still playing dumb games."

GregK

Now, I don't mind these issues, but only if it's an easy BIOS option and stable.

Some clarification on what the trade off's are would be helpful as well.

I use my rig for music production where RAM and Processor share can sometimes be an issue.

Nothings ever easy.

Larry Johnson

Thirty thousand desktop PCs at work, and thousands of servers - not a one is running an AMD cpu.  Intel still dominates the industry, stop kidding yourself.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview