News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New details emerge regarding the Nvidia DLSS support on the upcoming Nintendo Switch console

Started by Redaktion, March 10, 2021, 16:45:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

NateDrake on the ResetEra forums claims that the DLSS-compatible Switch may differ from the upcoming Switch Pro with OLED screen and 4K support, and, due to the ongoing chip shortages, the DLSS version could end up pushed back to 2022. We should be seeing a new Nvidia SoC, though, and the DLSS hardware features will be supported on the handheld SoC rather than the dock SoC.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-details-emerge-regarding-the-Nvidia-DLSS-support-on-the-upcoming-Nintendo-Switch-console.527197.0.html

Vaardu

I really have extreme doubts Nintendo is doing another console because I thought they've clarified they're not doing another console? And aren't these just rumors? Or even false info?

YourDad

Fake news. The next Switch revision is using the same 16nm Tegra X1 that the current revision & lite are using. This has already been confirmed by credible developers. Also, if you bothered to do your research you would know that Nvidia does NOT have a suitable ARM chipset for mobile & Nintendo are not going to invest in research & development, we know this because the Switch launched using the same chipset as the Nvidia Shield TV. Also if Nvidia had a suitable ARM chipset for mobile, it would already be in use by Nvidia, Google etc. in Android Tv devices, smart phones, tablets etc

Muppman

The DLSS switch is not coming this year it's too little time if they start i July. So if indeed the OLED switch is coming this year it is just a silent revision. Which makes sense. Since the current switch screen is more expensive than a samsung oled is today.

Gus Oliva

I also remember nintendo releasing a statement saying they had no plans to announce a new 3ds model, In 2012 june, and then announcing it one month later.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview