News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 9310 with Intel Core i5-1135G7 is an absolute steal for buyers in the UK right now at £999

Started by Redaktion, March 10, 2021, 10:47:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Dell XPS 13 9310 with Tiger Lake i5-1135G7 is currently priced at £999 (US$1,388) on the company's UK site at the moment. This is an incredible price for the high-end laptop, and it also happens to be the same price tag as the even newer Dell XPS 13 9305 with the same Intel chip but worse display and smaller-capacity SSD.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9310-with-Intel-Core-i5-1135G7-is-an-absolute-steal-for-buyers-in-the-UK-right-now-at-pound999.527036.0.html

chunky_bacon

I can't believe I'm typing this but an M1 Macbook Air is better value with those specs in the Dell. 8GB RAM in both, better screen in Macbook (2560x1600), better battery life, better performance, Dell has more storage. Price is similar.

opelit

Except it has M1 which can not run all apps. Why do ppl keep comparing laptops to Apple ones... no to mention it will not run windows.

kalt

MARlO

Quote from: opelit on March 10, 2021, 11:27:40
Except it has M1 which can not run all apps. Why do ppl keep comparing laptops to Apple ones... no to mention it will not run windows.
Who needs windows? I have been a windows power user for over 5 years, and when I switched to macOS, while I had to get to know all the shortcuts and how to use it correctly, I loved the optimization that apple has done. Not to mention that their ecosystem that apple has created is absolutely amazing. Plus, it can run all apps, since Rosetta 2 can emulate non-native apps with 70% performance, which is impressive. I am a music producer, and I downloaded FL Studio, which worked as if I was on an Intel Mac.

xpclient

Laptops without dedicated buttons for touchpad or at least trackpoint/ThinkPad are craptops which don't exist for me. I am so happy Lenovo sticks to the tried and tested ThinkPad design and doesn't fool around with it every generation.

zzzxtreme

any opinions on the fujitsu UH-X compared to this dell?
It's currently about the same price. 16GB RAM, same intel CPU, 1TB SSD, full of ports and made in japan

Polly P.

Why is the screen so small?

What would a person buy this for, because the screen is too small for most applications?

A R5-4600H is significantly faster anyhow.

pkosew

Quote from: chunky_bacon on March 10, 2021, 11:10:33
I can't believe I'm typing this but an M1 Macbook Air is better value with those specs in the Dell. 8GB RAM in both, better screen in Macbook (2560x1600), better battery life, better performance, Dell has more storage. Price is similar.
Different ecosystems, different uses. Some people can choose either, some can't. Some will have this decision made for them. End of story.

pkosew

Quote from: Polly P. on March 10, 2021, 17:51:34
What would a person buy this for, because the screen is too small for most applications?
You've seriously never seen a ~13" laptop? Or have you doubted their usability for all these years?

Also, diagonal is 13.4", so just 1.5cm than 14" - which is the standard size for business laptops today. And thanks to 16:10 ratio, it's actually taller than 16:9 14" would be. Many people will find it more comfortable, with larger working space.

A R5-4600H is significantly faster anyhow.
[/quote]

Josh

Battery life of this is circa 4-5h tops, so if that's your aim there are way better machines on a similar price range ( I own one, but you can also just search online for the many people reporting the same ) it's ok priced I wouldn't say it's a good deal.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview