News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Snapdragon 690-powered Xperia Ace 2 is the Sony compact phone you'll probably never own

Started by Redaktion, March 10, 2021, 07:18:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Rumors of an upcoming Sony Xperia Compact surface every year without fail and nothing ever really comes to fruition. It appears Sony does have a new compact device on the cards, though. It's not a flagship, however, and you're unlikely to be able to buy it, sadly.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Snapdragon-690-powered-Xperia-Ace-2-is-the-Sony-compact-phone-you-ll-probably-never-own.527047.0.html

Veyron

Compact phone supremacist here. Sony can keep this thing to themselves since it's not compact at all. With Sony's last century bezels, it's the same size as a Galaxy S10e.

RinzImpulse

QuoteSony's plans to launch a compact flagship phone to succeed the Xperia XZ2 Compact.
Xperia 5 & 5 II : Are we a joke to you?

_MT_

Quote from: RinzImpulse on March 10, 2021, 08:50:26
Xperia 5 & 5 II : Are we a joke to you?
You sure are. Are you kidding me? Xperia 5 is absolutely humongous. It's like 3 cm taller than old compacts. It's almost as tall as iPhone 12 Pro Max, just narrower. That's a long way from compacts which were even smaller than 12 mini.

The narrow body of Xperia 5 can help people with smaller hands get a good grip. But when it comes to pockets, it's often the length that's an issue. The only pocket I have that can accommodate a 16 cm tall phone is in my jacket. And if I don't wear a jacket (like in the summer when it's 30+ °C in shade), I've got nowhere to put it without it being awkward. I have to choose between awkward and a bag. Which is one more thing to think about so that I don't forget it somewhere or it doesn't get stolen.

YUKI93

To me, Snapdragon 690 chipset is still a capable 5G chipset for the midrange segment. 5.5 inch is also a sweet spot for me, but Japan exclusive? I don't like the sound of it.  :-\

YUKI93

Quote from: Veyron on March 10, 2021, 07:28:39
Compact phone supremacist here. Sony can keep this thing to themselves since it's not compact at all. With Sony's last century bezels, it's the same size as a Galaxy S10e.

I actually would be way more than happy to take bezel instead of notch or punch hole. The fact that I have to see such a cutout when watching a video really turns me off so hard. Did I experienced such a thing with the Xperia? Never, not a chance.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview