News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GPD confirms it is working on a Win Max handheld laptop powered by AMD's Ryzen 7 5800U processor, might launch later this year

Started by Redaktion, March 09, 2021, 15:53:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Now that the AMD's mobile processors are proving their superiority over the Intel solutions, GPD is more inclined to follow the trend and offer its first AMD-powered handheld laptop. We have the official confirmation that a GPD Win Max successor with Ryzen 7 5800U is already being tested, but actually availability is still sketchy.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GPD-confirms-it-is-working-on-a-Win-Max-handheld-laptop-powered-by-AMD-s-Ryzen-7-5800U-processor-might-launch-later-this-year.526952.0.html

Magnuson

"also considerably better at handling PlayStation 3 emulators like Xemu."
Xemu is an Xbox emulator. RPCS3 is the main PS3 emulator.

Gustafson

I liked that slider gpd  device.
That one with Cezanne (5800u) or even Van Gogh (with Navi cores, though probably limited to 4 cores). A 7+ inch 1080p ips lcd display, 16GB lpddr4x (or lpddr5) RAM and 1TB+ storage.
I'd buy it if it's less than $1500 and has a good quality built.

Bernhard1979007

@Spunjji
Quote from: Spunjji on March 15, 2021, 18:23:15
Quote from: Bernhard1979007 on March 10, 2021, 18:36:39
No thunderbolt == no deal

Why? What are you using it for on a device like this?

i am planing to use it as my sole workstation combined with an egpu and gaming on the go if needed. it should have power enough - but now when there is really no thunderbolt - this is a real bummer - then i need to look somewhere else. Not really sure if the upcoming one netbook 4 can handle a sustained workload on the cpu combined with an egpu.....

so that machine looked perfect until this information

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview