News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xbox portable console could be in the works to take on the might of the Nintendo Switch Lite

Started by Redaktion, March 08, 2021, 23:16:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A tech leaker has claimed that Microsoft is currently developing a "portable machine" that will soon be announced to the world. An Xbox portable console or Xbox Series handheld device could take the market by storm and provide direct competition to the Nintendo Switch Lite. Just don't expect it to be called the Xboy though.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xbox-portable-console-could-be-in-the-works-to-take-on-the-might-of-the-Nintendo-Switch-Lite.526861.0.html

kek

If this were Sony, I would believe this leak and actually look forward to it.

But it's Microsoft we are talking about: the black sheep of the video game industry, the same company that killed all their Mobile division instead of moving onto Android to get some money (and not lost all that R&D), the same company who says software comes first, hardware second.

So, I doubt it. And if its real, with the hardware quality Surface products have, I really doubt they can compete with Switch.

Wereweeb

Just make a decent attachable controller for smartphones and start certifying devices with Wifi 6E as "capable of an Xbox Cloud Experience". Then as long as you have fiber and Wifi 6E, your game streaming experience might actually not suck donkey balls. Provided they optimize for latency in their servers.

Wereweeb

But yes, Microsoft should really leave hardware design for others. They're bad at it. They're like the polar opposite of Google.

Muhammad Anhar

Quote from: kek on March 09, 2021, 02:12:11
If this were Sony, I would believe this leak and actually look forward to it.

But it's Microsoft we are talking about: the black sheep of the video game industry, the same company that killed all their Mobile division instead of moving onto Android to get some money (and not lost all that R&D), the same company who says software comes first, hardware second.

So, I doubt it. And if its real, with the hardware quality Surface products have, I really doubt they can compete with Switch.

Oh yeah Sony, a company that would kill Ericsson brand and realized PS Vita isn't worth an investment, and they think that all of their mobile phone user are professional. How ironic

Ryan Pigeon

Hirox

Aya Neo, Alienware UFO and other portable gaming PC are pretty much Xbox Handhelds already.
* Xbox has Virtual Machine, XPA and xCloud under its belly.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview