News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Tiger Lake-H Core i9-11980HK specs: 10 nm Enhanced SuperFin chip offers 300 MHz lower boost than Core i9-10980HK but clocks higher in AVX-512 at 65 W cTDP

Started by Redaktion, March 07, 2021, 21:29:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Specifications of the Intel Tiger Lake-H Core i9-11980HK have come to light indicating 200 MHz higher base and 300 MHz lower boost clocks compared to its predecessor, the Core i9-10980HK. The leaked specs also indicate that the Core i9-11980HK may potentially offer improved AVX-512 performance when the TDP is configured up to 65 W.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Tiger-Lake-H-Core-i9-11980HK-specs-10-nm-Enhanced-SuperFin-chip-offers-300-MHz-lower-boost-than-Core-i9-10980HK-but-clocks-higher-in-AVX-512-at-65-W-cTDP.526552.0.html

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: JayN on March 07, 2021, 22:16:44
I believe TGL is SF.  Alder Lake is ESF.
I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that TGL-H will also be ESF though we know ESF is definitely coming with ADL. Thanks for pointing it out. Corrected the headline :)

undervolter0x0309

It only took:
AMD going 7nm
Apple going 7m
other companies churning their own processors

for intel to go 10nm -.-

PolCPP

Not really, unlike Rocket Lake, 10nm superfin should be comparable to AMD's 7nm, so benchmarks should be more interesting.

I'm surprised that intel didn't go for another 6 core with higher clock speed though. Would make more sense than those H35 cpu's

AntonioB

Quote from: undervolter0x0309 on March 07, 2021, 23:12:27
It only took:
AMD going 7nm
Apple going 7m
other companies churning their own processors

for intel to go 10nm -.-

There's plenty of analysis to show Intel's 10nm is comparable to Global Foundaries/Ryzen 7nm process - same transistor density etc. Since 90nm, process naming has less to do with actual physical measurements and more to do with marketing - it's all of case of where you decide to measure. Much like the gigahertz myth of the late 90's - 2000s

Ultimately it's transistor density as well as the how fast these transistors can switch at high power levels for the performance desktop market that actually matters - here Intel 10nm is predicted to be comparable to Global Foundries 7nm..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview