News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leaked Intel Alder Lake mobile processor details reveal three new processor segments, including a 55 W option and Core i9 processors for thin and light laptops

Started by Redaktion, March 07, 2021, 01:55:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to a leaked internal document, Intel will have six processor segments in its Alder Lake Mobile product stack. The company's H-series 45 W processors have been usurped by 55 W versions, while a U28 segment should bring Core i9 processors to thin and light laptops. The same leak reveals core configurations for all Alder Lake Mobile segments, too.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaked-Intel-Alder-Lake-mobile-processor-details-reveal-three-new-processor-segments-including-a-55-W-option-and-Core-i9-processors-for-thin-and-light-laptops.526549.0.html

wow

Wow, Intel is finally starting to increase the amount of cores in their thin and light laptop chips! Well, too late, I already bought an M1 MacBook.  8)

Harrykonstantinos

Quote from: wow on March 07, 2021, 04:04:50
Wow, Intel is finally starting to increase the amount of cores in their thin and light laptop chips! Well, too late, I already bought an M1 MacBook.  8)

They're actually not, if you look, their i7 and i5 15w segment is all 2c/4t setups. So unless they can somehow utilize the atom cores simultaneously, then this will be just another disappointment.

But (though intel/amd aren't much better) you really shouldn't help apple acquire any more of a monopoly. I don't wanna have to buy an ipad Pro+macbook instead of a surface (which does both) because apple's (completely unjustified) monopoly (I mean, I've been to design studios and seen people drawing on an ipad infront of a mac...how bizarre is that!) has ground every other tech companies progress to an effective hault.

red000

Quote from: Harrykonstantinos on March 21, 2021, 20:53:44
Quote from: wow on March 07, 2021, 04:04:50

They're actually not, if you look, their i7 and i5 15w segment is all 2c/4t setups. So unless they can somehow utilize the atom cores simultaneously, then this will be just another disappointment.

But (though intel/amd aren't much better) you really shouldn't help apple acquire any more of a monopoly. I don't wanna have to buy an ipad Pro+macbook instead of a surface (which does both) because apple's (completely unjustified) monopoly (I mean, I've been to design studios and seen people drawing on an ipad infront of a mac...how bizarre is that!) has ground every other tech companies progress to an effective hault.
I mean thats because the iPad is actually good, compared to other tablets.
Apple is not a monopoly at all in the desktop/laptop space.  More like Microsoft is...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview