News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GP76 Leopard 10UG laptop review: RTX 3070 runs at 140 watts

Started by Redaktion, March 06, 2021, 04:56:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 brings image content at maximum TGP onto the 17-inch screen in the MSI GP76 Leopard 10UG. Our review shows what this means for everyday gaming and how the rest of the hardware performs in comparison.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GP76-Leopard-10UG-laptop-review-RTX-3070-runs-at-140-watts.526385.0.html

TIND

This is trange....the RTX 3070 is giving the same or better results in benchmarks as a Scar laptop with 3080. How and why? Both use Optimus.
Scar laptop with 3080 scores 28400 graphics points in FS for me using Turbo mode (ASUS defined OC). This laptop easely beats both the 3080 and 3070 variants of the Scar laptop. 3070 in the Scar laptop has 130W TDP while this has 140W. Even with a good OC the scar 3070 cant even come close to 28000 in graphics score.
Or this is because these tests were running with disabled Optimus and Optimus bottlenecks the gpu so much?

dude what

They probably ran the tests with Optimus disabled, MSI has maintained the MUX switch while Asus has shamelessly decided to remove it.
All around this is a great laptop, I'm surprised it got 85% only without any major issues

b

Only comparing 2018 games and earlier, seems sketchy (earlier titles are more optimized for Intel CPUs since they developed the game when AMD still had their FX CPUs)

Please compare titles from 2020 or later, on the same chassis like Hardware Unboxed and I'm convinced. Else I'd call  this the ultimate Intel shill

LL

"All around this is a great laptop, I'm surprised it got 85% only without any major issues "
I never understood the final core in many  Notebookcheck reviews, many do not make sense. I appears for example if it is Apple or Thinkpad it gets a bonus. There is no explanation for 85% in last Thinkpad review with all those problems.
Despite this is the best site around.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview