News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Intel Core i7-11700KF notches a single-core performance win against the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X in Geekbench, but Zen 3 Vermeer retains its advantage over Rocket-Lake S in multi-core work

Started by Redaktion, February 24, 2021, 15:45:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Intel Core i7-11700KF has posted some big single-core scores on Geekbench while demonstrating that it is a more than capable successor to its Comet Lake-S predecessor. The Rocket Lake-S processor appears to have a 3.6 GHz base clock and a 4.9 GHz boost clock, which are both lower than the Core i7-10700KF's equivalents.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Intel-Core-i7-11700KF-notches-a-single-core-performance-win-against-the-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X-in-Geekbench-but-Zen-3-Vermeer-retains-its-advantage-over-Rocket-Lake-S-in-multi-core-work.524106.0.html

Grinnie Jax

Wow, what an astonishing "lead" of x1.07 in single-core and x0.91 in multi-core compared to current competitors CPU. At a mere 5.3GHz! Must be cool as unicorns back!

DAVID SALSERO

You're right.
What a scam this Intel 11th Generation.
It is manufactured at 14nm +++ the competition at 7nm
It consumes more energy than its competition.
Produces more heat than its competition.
INTEL forces you to change the Plate to use it.
It will not be compatible with the 12th Generation that comes only 8 months later
Honestly, it only remains to TOP with the price.

I wonder if INTEL wants to self-destruct because I don't understand how it can annoy their consumers so much

Me pregunto si en INTEL quieren autodestruirse porque no lo entieno como puede fastidiar tanto a sus consumidores

Gabriel Poole

What were the system specs for the ryzen 7 5800x test? I ran a test on the latest version of geekbench 5 with the same cpu and got a single core score of 1733.

Spunjji

Quote from: Gabriel Poole on February 26, 2021, 06:41:57
What were the system specs for the ryzen 7 5800x test? I ran a test on the latest version of geekbench 5 with the same cpu and got a single core score of 1733.

We don't even know what speeds the Intel system was actually running at, either. I remain happy to assume that in practice, their new generation will barely manage a win in single-core thanks to the high clock-speeds, while taking a battering in multi-core for roughly twice the power draw.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview